Author Topic: Thank you everyone for reading  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Midnight Caller

Thank you everyone for reading
« on: August 16, 2020, 12:39:42 PM »
Hello,just wanted to say thank you everyone for reading these posts even though you unable to  reply,this website  :hug: is so supportive,but we feel numb and empty..it truly is so hard to talk on line or even in real life....I hope I will be more chatty as time goes on and offer support X hoping you all reading can get through today with a smile for the good times you had

Offline Jill

Re: Thank you everyone for reading
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 03:05:30 PM »
  Best wishes to you Midnight Caller.  Well done for sharing with us, that's what it is all about.  All the best to you.  Jill

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 10:07:38 AM »
 :hug: we understand that - i found myself reading but not able to say anything  for a while because i felt i couldn't help anyone when i was so unable to cope with my own feelings, and thats perfectly fine - this isn't a linear journey i had posted before that silence,  it is just that sometimes we feel stronger than others and sometimes we recognise the same particular struggle and just to say to some-one else who thinks they are "grieving wrong" or going mad or having some-one say to you it isnt the case the same is happening or has happened to me can make such a difference. There was a lady here then who replied to almost everything with a  :hug: and i wonder if she knew how just doing that helped but it did.

The idea of this place is that it is a safe space and there are no expectations it is ok to just come in and sit here you are always welcome and you never need to apologize for your feelings they are what they are whether you express them or not.  :hug:

Offline Pep

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 01:51:53 PM »
Hey MidnightCaller,

Please don't put yourself under pressure that you need to keep posting.. just post when you feel comfortable. No one here judges i find. In fact what helps me is to reach out to individuals whose life experience is similar to mine... i didnt feel the need to post something so everyone could read it.

I incidentally PM'd someone over the weekend and i found it much more comfortable. We "clicked" a little. Its what its there for   :azn:

What i mean is, its good to chat with someone who also lost a brother, or a sister or a dad or a mum. But losing family isn't quite the same as losing a partner. And neither is comparable to losing a son or a daughter (i can only imagine and im lucky i dont know what that is like). Its all sad what has happened to us but its different dynamics.

In a way i grieve more on behalf of my mum who lost two daughters. Its just all sad!

Ok... enough about me, but you get my point. Sorry for speaking on behalf of buk but we all think you are very brave for coming here in the first place. Right BUK?

Pep

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 07:54:09 AM »
 :hug: 
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 11:16:58 AM »
Absolutely right, Pep. Post what you wish when you wish. If reading helps on its own, just do that. I think many people do. If you want to say something, that's lovely too. I think it always helps people so much to know someone has something to say to them. When I first posted here, it was  huge relief just to have others respond with a 'hello' and to say they were sorry for what I was going through and understood. Just knowing that is a relief when you are at your lowest and helps you feel less isolated. So, you are not alone here and we do understand and whatever you want to say is alright and if you don't want to say anything, that is alright too. Whatever happens, and however you are dealing with it, just keep going and do whatever helps you get through. Sending strength.  :hearts: :hug: