Author Topic: Feeling Empty  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Danielle6616

• New Members
Feeling Empty
« on: February 10, 2020, 03:49:07 PM »
My uncle passed away on Thursday and since then I have been feeling empty inside. I used to emotionally eat and that was how I ended up at being over 20 stone. In April 2017 I joined a Weightwatchers group and I am now in the 13 stone range. I don't want to start overeating again so if anyone has got any advice I would be most grateful

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Feeling Empty
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 05:09:57 PM »
Well done for the weight loss, Danielle. If it helps, perhaps if your uncle was proud of you for it too, you could dedicate your continuing efforts to his memory. Grief takes all sorts of different forms in people. In my case, although I am overweight, I found I completely lost my appetite after my mum died a couple of years ago, but decided later, when I felt stronger, that as someone who always enjoyed her food, she would want me to keep eating properly and enjoying mine and that gave me the incentive to start cooking properly for myself more often. It hardly seems worth it when it is just you you are doing it for, so in a way now, I am doing it for her, because that's what she would want for me.

Also there are other things you could do. You could start a memory box with items that hold special significance for your relationship with him, or put together an album of photos of him to look at when you are missing him. If he encouraged you in your weight loss efforts, perhaps you could do some kind of sponsored activity in his memory and donate the proceeds to  a charity he supported?

If you have had the will-power to make it this far, I am certain you have the will-power to find a way to avoid comfort eating in dealing with loss too. Wishing you well.  :hearts:

Offline Danielle6616

• New Members
Re: Feeling Empty
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 05:13:50 PM »
Sandra61

Thank you for kind words and I am sorry for your loss :hug: