Author Topic: Dad passed away last night.  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Meg.ell

Dad passed away last night.
« on: October 24, 2020, 05:30:51 PM »
I'm 26, my dad passed away last night from a short battle with cancer. I feel anger towards everyone around me noone understands the pain I'm in. Is anyone else going through something similar.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Dad passed away last night.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 11:45:24 AM »
 :hug: anger is something that is normal to feel in grief - anger at your loss,  anger at yourself at some point which often comes out as guilt - this whole what if had said or done something differently anger at others - those who still have their dad - those who dont understand what you are going through and expect you to be back to your old self after the funeral - those who say the wrong thing or use standard platitudes and those who pretend they have not seen you, cross the street  and say nothing at all   and at some point maybe even anger at your dad for leaving.I lost my husband and found i turned anger in on myself it is something i have always done - but years later i found myself walking up a hill shaking with anger at something a neighbour had done to my garden and then realising it was the anger at my loss that was behind it - he would have stood up to the neighbour - demanded compensation - and anger at myself for being to weak to do it myself.

Writing helps and writing here where others have experienced grief and all the things it can do too us helps even more - and as i discovered walking up a hill at speed gets rid of the boiling over anger before you loose your temper with people and say things you may regret later.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 08:03:36 PM »
I lost my dad after a short battle with cancer and can certainly remember feeling angry, and a whole rollercoaster of emotions  :hearts:  I am many years along the bereavement journey - its hard, hold on in there. Talking helps
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline SarahB

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 03:27:38 PM »

I'm sorry about your dad and yes, I am going through a lot of similar emotions. I wonder why I'm the only one in my friends group to have lost both parents, why everyone seems to have forgotten I'm grieving and why everyone seems to be getting on with things. It's horrible and I hate it.

I'm told it's a normal reaction. If you'd like to talk to me, please drop me a message.

Sarah x  :hearts: