Author Topic: Lost my Fiance  (Read 973 times)

Offline Donna82

Lost my Fiance
« on: April 08, 2020, 08:15:20 PM »
Hi, never used anything like this before. I lost my Fiance on the 15th March unexpectedly aged 42. I thought i was coping ok for the first few weeks but this last week i have found i am now not coping. I tried the doctors but they could only suggest Bereavement Counselling. I tried to contact them today but had no luck.

Offline Incomplete

• New Members
Re: Lost my Fiance
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 11:26:29 AM »
So sorry hear about your loss Donna. It is hard at the moment due to lockdown to have good support. Are your family close by or mates that you could video call?

Offline Star9236

• New Members
Re: Lost my Fiance
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 08:43:33 AM »
Hello Donna,

I am sorry for your loss at this difficult time, I have been a widow since 7th Jan 20 and I was coping, going to work, walking the dogs, getting kids to school and the usual shopping etc. However there are times that I do not want to do these things, I want to just stop and cry my eyes out I have done more crying recently because of the situation we find ourselves in, but I cry and sob then it passes.

Loss of a loved one is difficult but talking to people is really important, as Incomplete asked do you have people you can speak with?, I know when I found this Group I cam across Grief Encounter and i think Cruse offer online grief couselling, but they usually suggest a wait for a few months after the person has died.

Sending you a huge hug. :hug:
Star9236