Author Topic: Still miss you so much mum  (Read 2808 times)

Offline twenties girl

• New Members
Still miss you so much mum
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »
Its been nearly 7 months and I miss my mum so much. i still feel like Im in a black hole, with a black cloud over me. Shes so far away from us now,  its getting harder. Apart from my sister, no one wants to hear that Im still grieving. I just want to hug her and tell her what a wonderful mum she was, but I know that I can never do that again. Now that mums not with me anymore, I seem to notice how much people around me, talk about their mums, or I see people out with their mums and their kids. There will always be a piece of my heart missing, now that mums gone.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Still miss you so much mum
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:26:27 PM »
 :hug:I think whoever we have lost it makes us more aware of other people who havnt and it does feel like salt in the wound.Its many years since I lost my mum but you're right they're always a part of us and even now there are always  times I miss her,but at the same time our mums play such a big part in creating who we are they are always present in us,how we are how we think what we do.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 10:24:13 PM »
Sending a hug  :hug:  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »
Only those going through grief know how hard it is. Everyday life  takes on a completely different tone.

I hear the lads in in work grumbling about things their wives have got up to all the time and have to bite my tongue to stop myself telling them how lucky they are. Adverts on the telly seem to be all happy families. Everywhere I look there are couples older than me and my wife and sometimes I find myself honking, and this is horrible, why  couldn't it have been them?

I guess what I am saying is that your sister understands. Others don't. I never used to understand and I do now. I wish I didn't.

Wishing you strength

:hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »
The grief journey certainly makes you more appreciative of people - once you've lost a loved one you dont take anyone for granted :-(  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx