Author Topic: Approval?  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Ian Haines

Approval?
« on: July 09, 2021, 01:16:23 AM »

My other post has now been waiting around 24 hours, to be approved.  Is there anybody there?

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: Approval?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 12:42:13 PM »
Ian I am so sorry.

We have had no end of trouble here for the first time in over 21 years and I am really trying hard to sort it out.

In the mean time tell us about your loss and we will try and support you best we can.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Ian Haines

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 04:33:33 AM »

The grief I feel is controllable, right now, really - if you could ever say that grief is controllable, at all.

I've been through the problems with web sites, myself, in past decades and I know how bad it can be.

It was just me being grump...ignore me when I'm like that.

I'll keep coming back, and seeing how things are, and seeing if I can help folks - that's a great/lasting way to participate.

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 11:27:47 PM »
Ian your not a grump, bereavement knocks us all for six, it's just the worst physical pain ever.

It would seem this boards activation emails have not been sent out through a tech problem hence why its gone so quite in here.

May I suggest if you belong to Facebook we have a very successful group that may help you considerably by joining it.

The links are on the main BUK webpage www.bereavementuk.co.uk .
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Ian Haines

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 04:58:58 PM »

I have a different name, over on Facebook, as I'm an online political activist - otherwise, I'd loved joining.  It's just a security thing.  Your enemies can learn a lot about you from reading posts put on Facebook, and it pays to be on your toes about that, so I'd be uninclined to post.

Thanks for the suggestion, anyway, Dave.   

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 05:38:50 PM »
No problem Ian, I completely respect you wanting your privacy.

I just feel so bad you are not getting the support this forum offered before this tech problem I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix.

Having well over a 100+ support posts a day was the norm.

Our FB group is a closed group, so apart from the members there, no outsiders could see your posts if you do change your mind.

By all means tell me any stuff you want to get off your chest, and I'll do my best to listen and offer my support best I can.

Think of it as being your very own private forum lol, until I can hopefully get things sorted my end.

Take care Dave.

Offline Ian Haines

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 03:28:26 AM »

It's less about privacy and more about outright security, Dave.  Last year, I had 8 death threats (it was a quiet year) and, although I'm a weapons collector, I practise good security measures online, and offline.  I collect death threats, also, and I've not had even one, this year - I should complain, really.

I'll be coming back to post, here, as often as I see a post for which I might have a useful comment to make.

Did the old database get deleted, or damaged by some software/server switching?