Author Topic: My story  (Read 1498 times)

Offline MrsT

• New Members
My story
« on: March 07, 2021, 10:38:23 PM »
So, This is not a place I ever thought I would ever be.

This time last year myself and my husband where looking forward to a beautiful holiday in Cape Verde, then Covid strikes and just like everyone else our plans are cancelled.

I had just resigned from my job as I care for my Mum who has cancer and my dad who has dementia and to be quite honest everything was getting too much.  My lovely husband said leave the job you can always get another one when things calm down.

We where just trying to cope and get along in that first lock down.  Dave, my husband was in the high risk group so trying to shield the best he could.  We both celebrated our birthdays in lock down , however a week after Daves birthday he had a cardiac arrest , right here in our new home and I so tried to keep him with me but it took the ambulance over half an hour to get here and even though I didnt give up , I knew in my heart he was gone...

On the 17th of March it will be 9months since that most awful day, I can still remember every moment.  Still get vivid flashback, awful nightmares and cry every single day...

I feel so lonely, so heartbroken , and must admit sometimes very very angry...

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: My story
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 08:51:17 PM »
Sending you a warm welcome hug  :hug:  losing loved ones is so hard, yet made so much harder with this covid situation
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx