General Category > General Discussion

Overwhelmed now and again even after all this time.

(1/2) > >>

longedge:
Well over 5 years down the line now but every once in a while I just get overwhelmed. I'm sure I'm not the only one  :azn:.

I stay in touch with the family with WhatsApp and earlier on my brother-in-law sent me some old photos taken at family dos long ago. One of them showed me with my arm round Chris and both of us with big silly grins on our faces. I don't know why but it reduced me to tears.

Tomorrow is another day, as they say and I'll get over it but it came at me out of the blue.

Jill:
Hi George,  It is very tough isn't it?!  I know exactly what you mean.  Sometimes I see something that reminds me and it's like a punch in the stomach rather than a happy, sweet memory.  It's been one and a half years since my husband died and I miss him terribly.  As you say, we are not the only ones who feel like this.  Just so you know, I understand.  Jill

Karena:
 :hug: :hug: :hug: It is awful when it happens out of the blue like that but it is also something that many of us here share and part of what we mean when we say we never really stop grieving but just get better at living with it.

Pep:
Hi there Longedge!

Yes it is a bit of a whallop around the chops. You are very brave though looking at photo's . I still struggle looking at photos myself. Its always been this hurdle of mine. My councellor encourages me to bring her photos of family i have lost... but i just can't do it.

17ish years ago, my sister came to my graduation (she is not with us anymore - she passed 12 months after my gradution). I know she was there... there is a lovely photo of us two grinning to the camera. (A bit like how you describe). The issue i have is that i don't "remember" her being there at all. I remember my brother and mum. But not her.

There is this photo, but no memory. I told someone once that it was just my bro and mum at the grauduation. Suffice to say that that person knew she was there. My councellor tells me i should stop punishing myself. But i want to remember that day! Its just so incredibly painful.

So i think you are very brave. I think you all are.

Pep

Rod:
I took comfort from pictures of my wife after she was taken but suddenly it made me cry so much so that I have hidden the photos.I hope one day I can get them out without upsetting myself and I hope you can too. my thoughtts are with you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version