Author Topic: THANK YOU  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Jill

THANK YOU
« on: July 12, 2020, 09:22:38 PM »
I just felt the need to thank the people here who are helping me to come to terms with the loss of my husband.  It is nearly a year since he died and I still have what I call sledgehammer days.  Because I feel as if I have been hit with a sledgehammer.  Most days I keep busy and do whatever I can to avoid the grief but those odd days are truly harrowing.   There you are you see I just intended to say thank you and I have deviated from my message because I know you will understand what I am talking about.  But thanks again, this is the only place where people really 'get it'.  Just have to get through one day at a time. 

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: THANK YOU
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 05:48:04 PM »
 Thankyou.  :hug:
 The sledgehammer days will get fewer and the blows less heavy in time and we will be here as long as you need us - just as others have been for us in our darkest days. :hug:

Offline Jill

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »
Karena, went for a nice walk in a park today and spoke to some people on the phone, which helps.  Better day today, starting to appreciate and enjoy some things and share other people's pleasure.  Something I seemed to lose.  It is actually good to see people coming out of lock-down and enjoying themselves again. :smiley: Jill

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 06:10:42 PM »
yes it is and those little things we took for granted like a walk in the park can make a lot of difference - i worry a bit here, it being a national park that a lot of   people have completely thrown caution to the wind though - so timing my strolls to early morning and late evenings.

Offline Jill

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 06:40:12 PM »
Karena that sounds very wise.  The same on the beach, very early morning or late evening can be the best time of the day to sit on an empty beach and stare at the sea.  Midday best avoided.  Have a good evening. Jill

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 08:20:29 PM »
How i long to sit on a beach and stare at the sea - and yet live in the part of the UK the most miles from it  (lol) Thanks Jill have a nice evening too.  :hug: