Author Topic: I've had 6 losses in the last 2 years.  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Scorpio29×5

I've had 6 losses in the last 2 years.
« on: June 24, 2019, 09:51:13 PM »
I don't know what to think or feel anymore.  Over the last 2 years I have lost my father in law,  my daughter,  my closest friend,  a second friend,  my mother in law and last week I had to say goodbye to my mum.
Although I was with my mum and watched her take her last breath I just can't process or accept that she is not here anymore.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I've had 6 losses in the last 2 years.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 08:47:10 AM »
It is hard with loss after loss, somehow we dont seem to get ourselves on our feet again before we're hit again.  Be gentle with yourself, take things one day at a time. Its a rollercoaster journey but it will get easier to cope in time.  Keep talking, it does help  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 11:32:06 AM »
 :hug: that is so much to deal with and each loss piles onto the grief of all of them,but throughout our whole lives no matter what happens too us our mum is usually the one who was always there,so it isnt suprising that you cant accept she isnt here any more. As Emz says grief is a roller coaster journey and now the foundations have slid from under yours, its probably feeling even more precarious,being here helped me along mine and i hope that by coming here you will at least be able to start building some kind of scaffold as i did. 

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 11:44:33 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear of all your losses. I can't begin to imagine how you go about processing so much grief in such a short time. I hope that you find some comfort here. At least we understand some of what you are going through and may have some useful suggestions to make that might help you. It helped me just to know that I had found a place where others were sympathetic and supportive and understood what I was going through after I lost my own mum in 2017. At least you know you are not alone and have a place to talk about how you feel.

I suppose all we can do is appreciate that we were able to share time with those we have lost and be grateful for the impact they had on us during their lives and the legacy that their memory leaves with us that we can take into the future with us. Loss is hard and lonely, but our lives would have been the poorer for never having known them and the pain of loss is part of the love we still feel for those we have lost, and I am sure none of us who have lost someone would ever have chosen to be without that. Do whatever helps you get through this and just take it one day at a time.

I wonder if you have considered counselling? It does help to talk, but counselling isn't for everyone. I think the next best thing is to write it all down every day, how you feel, what you are thinking about, what you would have liked to say that you perhaps didn't. It does help get it out of your system and helps you process it all somehow and relieves some of the pressure.

Keep talking to us here too. Take care. Sending you an understanding hug.  :hug: