Author Topic: My wonderful mum.  (Read 5069 times)

Offline Bossyl

My wonderful mum.
« on: March 21, 2016, 09:20:16 PM »
I lost my mum, who was 56, last month to cancer. I knew it was terminal but still it was a shock when it happened. She was so wonderful and strong and I feel so lost without her. She was always the person I would go to with any problem so I feel afraid of a future without her strength, guidance and support. I have two young boys, aged 4 and 2 years and she adored them. I find it so heartbreaking that she won't get to see them grow up as I know she desperately wanted that. The funeral was Wednesday just gone and it seems harder than ever just to drag myself through the day- time has stood still as it feels like she's been gone years!

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: My wonderful mum.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 07:59:44 AM »
So sorry for your loss hun, you will feel lost for a while, but im sure you will find the support you need to get you through your bad days.  Xx.  :hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 08:01:31 AM »
Sorry for your loss, a young age to lose your mum :-( Sending a welcome hug xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 10:08:34 AM »
Hello B.

My Dad was only 54 when we lost him but that was back in 64 when I was just 17.

My children never knew him but with photos, stories and regular trips to his grave to tend it and place flowers which they loved doing, they kind of grew up knowing Grandad in Heaven.

It is a tragedy they have been robbed of the love their nan would have given them but you can still try to keep their memories alive of her B so she stays in their little hearts forever.

This is so sad it breaks my heart to write it.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Cairo

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 06:11:59 PM »
My husband was so looking forward to being a grandad or Papou as he was called (the Greek name for grandad)

We're going to plant two 'Papou trees' - one in York and one near Cambridge where our little gandaughters live. They are too young to remember him but we'll take them there to 'visit' him and they can tie ribbons on the tree or put painted stones beside it.

It breaks my heart that they won't know all the love he would have given them.
~~~~~~~~
I will survive.
~~~~~~~~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 07:14:46 PM »
What a beautiful idea with the trees :-) and safe for wildlife too  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 07:46:03 PM »
I have found that my grandchildren even the two youngest who went born know their grandad not only through me but through their older siblings.we have planted native daffodils in the places my husband loved,also something they have enjoyed doing and will remember.For them grandad is associated with nature and wildlife just as he would have been if he was alive.

Offline Joann

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 03:25:10 PM »
So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Mum almost 6 months ago  and it still hits me like a bolt out of the blue. It is early days for you, keeping posting and you will find the support you need here.
Taking it one day at a time.