Author Topic: Sad news, got to have dog put to sleep  (Read 21747 times)

Offline Kes1968

Re: Sad news, got to have dog put to sleep
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2018, 10:03:47 PM »
Feeling really sad tonight, really miss my little pal 😢😢😢😢 and what with losing mum as well, my life seems so empty and pointless
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:11:45 PM by Kes1968 »

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2018, 11:52:52 AM »
 :hug: -have you thought about doing something else - maybe volunteering -or  learning -maybe a college night class near you or online - future learn do free taster courses and i have done a lot of those - not because i,m thinking about a career change i,m too old for that and its not going to get you qualifications at free level - but more for interest and to combat those empty evenings when there is nothing to even think about.  The different courses mean you can pick and chose - if you start one and its not for you then nothing is lost  you can move on to something else -  they dont require much time commitment - short courses 3-8 weeks and the time varys from 2-6 hours a week - but of course also by how much a course might interest you. - it could be as many hours as you chose to make it -
Most of it is student to student conversation too -so you get to meet people online but from all over the world all ages all walks of life - and unlike social media no trolls, no offensive bheaviour.
At first i was just randomly picking things i thought was mildly interesting but after a while found there was a connection between them which lead to me then being able to help a charity close to my heart in a way i hadnt thought of before.

Maybe there are other things that appeal walking groups etc.I,m not a joiner.  have a lot of social anxiety and live somewhere that has little to offer - i,m not even old enough for over 60,s dominos club yet - so online courses work well for me. 

When i comes to dating -  if you re doing an activity which interests you, then you are in contact with other people who have the same interests -you  gain a new circle of friends -and  maybe you will meet some-one through that in time - or maybe you will find friendship is more important right now -  but my feeling is, with dating sites - grief and the lonliness that comes from it, could lead to dating for the wrong reasons and therefore the wrong person for you, and also perhaps not fair on them because while while grief is so new and so dominant in our lives we are not really our old selves or the people we might become - if that makes sense.

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2018, 06:01:22 PM »
Thanks karena, yes I’ll have to think of something to do, I’m going to start swimming again and definitely look at doing something in the evening, I’m working full time this week as someone has been signed off sick in my department so that will help during the daytime xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2018, 05:14:52 PM »
Hi everyone, some positive news, I’ve rejoined the swimming pool at my local leisure centre and went for my first swim in ages last week and really enjoyed it, I haven’t been this week but only because I hit a low point again and my feet have been very sore ( eczema or something making skin v itchy and sore). Hope to go again soon. I met with a chap and his dog from Borrowmydoggy.com today, Oscar is a 3 year old cocker Labrador cross, totally adorable, very friendly and well trained, his owner Gary works at the college down the road from me and I’m hoping to have Oscar one or two days a week in a couple of weeks time ( I’m dong extra days at work this week and next week but hopefully the week after that, I’ll have him for a day and see how it goes). I might also have him alternate Saturday nights as Gary does agency work as an HCA. Oscar is quite big and strong but very obedient and he’s been trained as a gun dog. He’s ver friendly though and good with other dogs and children. Just wanted to say thanks to Emz for suggesting that I try the site out xxx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2018, 11:25:29 PM »
That sounds great  :hug:
Can be so hard to start but some form of exercise like swimming helps so much :-) sorry to hear about your feet, I also suffer with eczema when under stress - have you tried adding oats to your bath? (I have a tip I can share with you for how to do so without a mucky bath full of loose oats! Let me know if you'd like it)  its soothing and healing (and actually smells good too!)

Thats wonderful to hear about Oscar - keep us updated! :-) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2018, 05:24:21 AM »
That sounds great  :hug:
Can be so hard to start but some form of exercise like swimming helps so much :-) sorry to hear about your feet, I also suffer with eczema when under stress - have you tried adding oats to your bath? (I have a tip I can share with you for how to do so without a mucky bath full of loose oats! Let me know if you'd like it)  its soothing and healing (and actually smells good too!)

Thats wonderful to hear about Oscar - keep us updated! :-) xx
Yes please Emz, I’ll try anything, I’ve been using steroid cream from GP and it’s not touching it, thanks

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2018, 07:55:52 AM »
Have sent you a PM with what I do, hope it helps xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2018, 11:11:08 AM »
Thanks emz xx 👍😊

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2018, 11:15:00 AM »
I might think about having another dog next year, I’m going away in October for my birthday to Oxford and I’ll probably head off somewhere warm and sunny for Christmas, I’m thinking about taking a cruise in the Mediterranean!! Then I’m off to New York in March, so it would be unfair on any dog to leave them while I went away, I’m going to have driving lessons soon so I’ll have wheels and then the pooch and I can go off together but I’m going to leave it until next year before committing myself to another pet.

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2018, 08:45:06 PM »

I tried it tonight and I think it’s helping!! Thanks a million emz!! ❤️😀👍

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2018, 10:46:46 PM »
Fantastic! :-)  thats really good to hear xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2018, 12:56:06 PM »
I’ve met up with Oscar , a 3 year old lab/ cocker cross and his owner and I’m having Oscar for Saturday night and Sunday( day)  as his owner does nights alternate weekends, I’m also having him for the day next Thursday 😀👍🏻🐕🐕🐾🐾

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2018, 08:55:32 PM »
That sounds great :-) Hope it goes well! Oscar sounds like a cute mix! xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Kes1968

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2018, 10:29:10 AM »
He’s a lovely dog emz and I’m having him again on Thursday. I’m having a tough day today and yesterday though, I’ve posted separately about it.