Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Janlmb

Motivation
« on: October 29, 2019, 06:24:10 PM »
I am finding it quite difficult to get motivated to do things.  Cleaning the house and doing the washing and general housework seems not to be important anymore.  Don't want to go shopping or cook much.  Is this normal or am I getting depressed?  I hope not.  My husband died on 20th August and I miss him very much.  I know that life must go on but am struggling a bit.  The dogs make me go out  and are really the only thing that I feel interested in and want to look after.  Will this pass?

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 08:50:42 AM »
I lost all interest in housework after my loss, and I certainly viewed my job differently too. A loss makes us realise what actually is important.
In the early days its ok to let the housework slip a bit, be gentle with yourself. Try and set it as smaller tasks for you to tackle and achieve each day. The things that really need doing.  The motivation for housework will return, you need some healing yourself so it doesnt hurt to redirect some of that energy right now   :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 10:49:12 AM »
I agree with Emz it is normal i also found it difficult to be bothered - in my case because like you there was no-one but myself and the dog to do anything for and the dog took precedent but they dont care too much about whether we do housework or cook for ourselves - i found myself eating beans or rice pudding straight from the tin - then progressed to awful microwave meals for one - and eventually did as Emz did and set goals starting by making a list of prioritys and aiming to achieve one new thing a day - it helps to write them down pin up a list then put a big red lline through each one so you can physically see each landmark as you reach it. :hug:

Offline Janlmb

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 12:32:06 PM »
Thank you both for your replies.  I will try your suggestions.  Relieved that others have felt like I do.  I suppose it is still quite son after it happened.  I had looked after him for nearly five years so it kept me occupied and filled my days.  Thanks again for your help, I do appreciate it.