Author Topic: Bereaved dad  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Elliots dad

• New Members
Bereaved dad
« on: May 26, 2020, 08:56:55 PM »
Hello from Elliot's bereaved dad.

Elliot was just 30 when he died very unexpectedly 27 weeks ago.  Like many people here I’m still counting the days & weeks, as they turn into months.  Wanting so much to go back 7 months to stop this from happening.

I’ve now read 3 books, and they have helped me enormously.  To mark Elliot’s birthday, I have built a life celebration/memorial website.  A process that has been both therapeutic and heartbreaking. 

I’m hoping that the information that I’ve amassed can help others that are members of this awful club, and at the same time, learn from your experiences too.

My best wishes to you all.

David

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Bereaved dad
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 12:33:20 AM »
So very sorry to hear about your son, David. Sending you a welcome hug.  :hug: There can be nothing more painful than what you have been through, but everyone here will feel for you. Loss is such a terrible thing.  :hearts:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 08:58:50 PM »
Finding a way to help others is definitely a help, has certainly helped me over the years  :hearts:  even if you help just one person, you never know it may mean the world to that person
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Deirdre

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 08:26:11 PM »
Dear David
I cannot imagine how awful it must be to lose your son. 
Sending you a virtual hug
Take care of yourself, and I look forward to reading about the things which you have learned on your journey
Deirdre