Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
H
« on: June 22, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »
H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:25:46 PM by GHOST »

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
Re: Has anyone on here been to a spiritual church?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 08:37:22 AM »
Hi, I lost my husband last year, we had been married for 32 yrs and our daughter has said that she would like to go to a spiritualist but I have put it off.       About 24 yrs ago I lost a close friend and my dad within a few months of each other and decided to go to a local church then that held spiritualist meetings.       The guy that spoke to me was very honest and gave me lots of information (without me speaking at all) that only my dad would have known. It really was a moving experience, I have visited again a few times after that and again out of a crowd of about 50 people I am picked and given a message either from my mum (who passed a year after my dad) or dad, which is why I am a little nervous going back now.                                                                                           I know my late husband will have some things to say and though that can be very comforting you need to prepare yourself, if you don't get a message it can be upsetting and if you do it can be moving. I do believe in the afterlife maybe that makes a difference. I suppose I will go again now its over a year since Darren passed, just building up the courage to go I suppose. Good luck which ever you decide and hope you find what your looking for, me, well I think I would just like to hear that he is at peace and still loves me as much as I love him xxxx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 11:02:41 AM »
Not a spritualist church but i have seen a couple of mediums -one was a private reading the other a group event - both times there were things that only my loved ones would have know. The cycnic in me wondered if she had been tipped off the first time, as the person who organised it knew my step daughter who was also there, but my stepdaughter didnt know about the other loved ones i had lost except that i had lost them certainly not the small details  and there was some things i never told anyone -that had happend since Keith died, like when i moved house the curtain rail fell off onto a friends head - no one else was there when it happened and the friend was from away soit didnt come from her.The second time there was no way she could have known - for example that Keith was left handed and the first stroke had affected his left arm so he had to try and learn to write right handed and that i had recently come across a sheet of paper with his attempts at his new signature on it - i never told anyone so that cant possibly have been a tip off.

I did also see one where the tip offs were blatantly obvious by the woman who organised it but that was a public event i wasnt involved with -at a club where the woman knew everyone apart from our group and we were completely avoided. I think thats rare though and most are genuine, so whatever you own beliefs
 are i do think they do have something most of us cant tap into.

I have not heard anything bad,or anything about harps and angels  it is more about them as they were things that you will remember but not necesarilly  the major things,more funny incidents or habits they had, and the things they are doing now and things you have done since they left - its as though they have just stepped through the door -and are having a conversation  but where they are is very similar to here.  In my experience the medium doesnt go into a trance project voices and spout doom like you see on TV.Generally it is not the same as tarot where they are looking at your future, although some mediums do use the cards but not for the same purpose.
I think maybe Ruth saw a fortune teller who are more likely to tap into whatever mediums have, and then also make predictions about handsome strangers on motorbikes so not quite the same thing as a medium who is looking at the past and present. My experience of that was gypsy selling lucky heather who knocked on the door when my youngest daughter was screaming in her cot and the eldest having a tantrum in the kitchen - she told me i would have five lovely children 4 boys and a girl - i bought the heather to get rid but it obviousely wasnt true and anyway three more screaming brats wasnt something i was considering ever having.  :rofl: ironically though i do have five lovely grandchildren (lovely because you can send them home) - 4 boys and a girl, so maybe even she had something.

But more seriousely though, I also think if Ruth believed in them, then maybe trusting in her belief, and going to see one might be a good idea. :hug: 

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 08:43:04 AM »
I have been to see a few, and again like the others have said things have been said that noone else would know. 
In my experience they don't tell you anything bad. It feels more like reassurance xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline GHOST

• VIP Member
R
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 10:01:41 PM »
I
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 04:26:20 PM by GHOST »