Author Topic: (No subject)  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Michelle Mc

(No subject)
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:14:11 PM »
Hallo,
My husband , Charlie died before Christmas in 2016 and I am so sad. We have three children aged 22; 20 and 17. The loneliness is awful. He was only 63. He deserved so much more.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 07:15:13 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug. Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 10:23:59 AM »
Hi - i lost my husband almost 8 years ago - i agree the loneliness is awful and for me the second year was particularly awful because for some reason its when people expect us to just pick up the pieces andyou find you have less support from others around you -( the victorian idea of a year of mourning has a lot to answer for)  perhaps sometimes we even question our own sanity when we cant match those expectations.
I have had much longer to adjust and i still miss my husband daily his physical presence anyway but in my mind and heart he is still with me and i still think of him as being nearby just in a different way -  over time i have managed to fill some of the lonely hours with online courses gardening etc and have learned that surounding yourself by people or joining things that are not really my kind of thing doesnt help - so for me its been more about adjusting to being alone without having to be lonely if that makes any sense. One of the things i did do was to look at those things he would have done if he had the chance - along with things we used to enjoy together - different places we loved and do it for him - be his eyes on the world.
 My childen dont live nearby and are adults with children of their own - are yours still at home ?