Author Topic: How will I cope without her  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Broken

How will I cope without her
« on: April 12, 2019, 08:27:13 PM »
On March 6th I lost my wonderful mum. She is the most courageous person I have ever met. She had suffered for 5 years with cancer and although it changed her world she never once complained. She took what was thrown at her and fought as best she could.

I'm heartbroken.  I dont know how I will cope without her. She was my everything  I miss her so much

S x

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: How will I cope without her
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 01:23:12 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug, S.  :hug:

No one can ever replace your mum, but she will never really leave you, because you will carry all the memories she left you, all the love you shared and all the strength and inspiration she gave you in your heart for the rest of your life.

I know how much this hurts. I came here too after losing my mum about eighteen months ago now, but, as someone who is a little further along in this ordeal than you, I assure you, it does get better, even though I know you can't imagine that ever happening at the moment.

All you can do for now is to try to make sure you remember to eat and drink and take it one day at a time. The loss of your mum is a huge shock, no matter how prepared you may have thought you would be, knowing it must be coming. Nothing ever prepares you for such a blow and recovering from this will take you a very long time, but we are here for as long as you need us. We have all suffered different losses who have found our way here, but we all go through the same experiences and emotions and understand one another's struggles with this terrible time.

You are not alone, S. Sending you strength and a huge hug.. :hearts: :hug: :hug:

Offline number 6

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 01:34:39 AM »
Having lost my Mum in August 2018, I fully understand how you are feeling and the thoughts going through your mind.

I lost my Dad in January 2017 and while he was in the chapel of rest my Mum had to go into Hospital with internal stomach injuries caused by a double strangulated hernia.

I was a live-in carer for Dad and then a live in carer for Mum so a double wamy when both left me fairly close together.

I now find myself suffering the pain of regretting not showing her how much I really loved her and find it very difficult trying to come to terms with what has happened to me in recent times.

An important thing now for you is to try and get some focus in your life and one of the ways to do this is to continue posting on this forum as you will make new friends who can help you with some sound advice so while you may think so, all is not lost and I along with many other forum members will be thinking of you my friend.

Regards,
number 6.

Offline green dragon

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 09:05:57 PM »
Dear Broken, I could say you took the words right out of my mouth. My Mum could have been described exactly the same. Good Mums are the most wonderful beings in the world. We are happy to have them in our life for as long as we do and then we cherish the memories and the impact they had on us - what they taught us, the examples they are for us even after their passing. it is very difficult without them but remember, we are strong too, because they taught us to be so.