Author Topic: Going on an adventure, nervous  (Read 2908 times)

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
Going on an adventure, nervous
« on: May 03, 2019, 04:20:50 PM »
Well I'm off to Australia on Monday for a few weeks to visit my sister in-law. I'm taking my daughter (she's 27) who does look after me, bless her, but I'm still nervous when I should be excited.
I get on great with Darren sister and she has been heart broken over his death as they did adore each other and it will be lovely to see her again but I know it will be emotional at first.
10 months since he passed and the awful anniversary are just about to start - when he first started feeling sick, when he was diagnosed, when he went into hospital. I think being away for those will do me and my daughter good as she too has been through all of this with me, we return for the anniversary of his passing, want to be home for that urggggg.
I think part of the nervousness is knowing that's just round the corner but also because I feel I can just about manage home and work and I'm going to be away from home for a period of time. Does anyone else feel like that ? I'm becoming a real home bird.
I will let you all know how it went on my return.
Take care you lovely lot x

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Going on an adventure, nervous
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 11:55:09 PM »
Have a lovely trip, Caroline. I hope it does do you good. I'm sure it will. Hard as it is, life goes on and this will be a lovely reunion for you all. Enjoy! :hearts:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 08:00:43 AM »
The worry about anniversaries is pretty normal, interestingly in my experience the anniversary has not been as 'bad' as I imagined, (the worst times, losing them, has a already happened).  Do your best to relax, plan some nice things in remembrance  :hug:

Hope your trip goes well xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 11:23:49 PM »
Thank you for the kind advice it’s good to hear 😘

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 05:38:47 PM »
Hi all,

Well my time with my sister in law in Oz was fantastic, did us all good so again don't know what I was worried about. A little bit emotional seeing Darren's family but that was to be expected and did us all good to be together.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 06:51:12 PM »
Thats great to hear :-)  :hearts:   its so often our imagination and fears that run away with us, the unknowns are hard - and somehow our imagination can be so much harsher than reality sometimes!

So pleased it went well  :hug: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 09:23:58 AM »
I'm so glad you had a good time, Caroline. It does help when something good happens to balance up the negativity. I hope you have lots of lovely adventures going forward and now you have some lovely new memories to share with your lost loved one when, eventually, you do meet up again! Time to set about making more!  :hug:

Offline CarolineL

• Be kind to yourself
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 07:13:56 PM »
Thank you, I did have a lovely time but then come back to the 'missing you' feelings again but that's to be expected. Also have the 1st anniversary's coming up (26th June) but this time last year was when he started to feel poorly. I am preparing myself for these and know I'm not alone just miss Darren that's all. I do feel for me, that time is making a difference, the pain is still there but not as intense. In the beginning I kept a journal and I read a few pages of it the other day and thought I have come a long way. Thank you for the support of BUK.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 07:33:15 PM »
It does help to keep a journal, often it can feel like we havent progressed atall, but reading back on old entries helps us to see how much we have achieved  :hearts: xx
Hold on in there xx