Author Topic: World has changed now.  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Knightingale

World has changed now.
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:59:35 PM »
My friend died in September, but I didn't find out until October when i read his obituary in the paper. My world changed forever that day. He was 53 years old.
There is a light that never goes out.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: World has changed now.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 11:13:00 AM »
So sorry to hear about your friend, Knightingale. Sending you a welcome hug.  :hug: It is so sad and must have been so painful to find out about your friend's passing in this way and not to have been able to go to the funeral. Cherish the memories you have of your time spent with your friend and be thankful for the person they were. The memories they left you will live on in your mind and be a treasure to carry with you into your future. Wishing you well and sending strength.  :hearts:

Offline SarahB

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 11:24:58 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this - I'm sure it was a shock for you.

My Dad died when he was 52 and I'm struggling with this whole notion that people are 'supposed to live' until they're in their 80's and 90's.

I don't see any fairness in anything anymore. Like how can one person live to 103? And one person's life is halved like this?

Sending you love  :hearts:

Offline Knightingale

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 01:26:46 PM »
I with you, I find it so difficult and unfair, he had a very hard life, he had no family and few friends. I am finding life very difficult, I just cry all the time, no-one understands how much he meant to me, we should have been together if I hadn't been so stupid. I have wasted my life!
There is a light that never goes out.

Offline SarahB

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 01:31:08 PM »

Why do you think you're stupid??  :hearts:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 01:42:43 PM »
 :hug: I think no matter how long we have been in a relationship of any kind we wish we had had more time, met earlier not had that tiff not gone our separate ways - it doesnt mean we were stupid in a previous choice - everyone here will have said at some time  i wish i said or did something differently -but  we just cant know whats in the future or how long or short a time we will have we can only make decsions based on what is in the present and only then what we feel is best at the time.