Author Topic: Missing my partner  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Vee68

• New Members
Missing my partner
« on: December 06, 2019, 08:30:43 PM »
Hello, i am new to all this. I lost my partner on 27th Nov to cancer, he was only 60 and I am struggling so badly

Offline Jill

Re: Missing my partner
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 01:07:23 PM »
Hello Vee,  I am sorry you are going though this difficult time after the loss of your partner.  You may find it helps sharing your thoughts here with people who truly understand.  Jill

Offline Vee68

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 01:12:54 PM »
Hello Jill and thank you for your reply. I don't know where to start on writing my thoughts, he has left such a void in my life and feeling the rest of my life is just passing time. I carry on for my 2 daughter's (23 and 20, not my partners). Im 51 and going to be lonely forever x

Offline Jill

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 01:24:37 PM »
Hello Vee,  I understand only too well how you are feeling.  My husband died in July.  I can only pass on to you the advice that has helped me and hope it will help you too.  The most important thing is to just take one day at a time.  Just concentrate on getting through each day and being kind to yourself.  Don't expect too much.  My neighbour suggested I put up the happiest photos of myself and my husband around the house and do you know that really helped.  It is not easy, I know but I am in your corner.  Jill x

Offline Vee68

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »
Thank you Jill, I feel you are my shining light to getting through this. I am so sorry for your loss as well and He would be so proud of you for carrying on. Thank you loads xxxx

Offline Jill

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 03:23:50 PM »
Well Vee, we all help each other here as we all understand how very difficult and painful it is; especially in the early days.