Author Topic: My Husband  (Read 11814 times)

Offline marvil296

My Husband
« on: March 18, 2016, 08:23:38 PM »
Hi I lost my husband a few months ago. He was my life my best friend and soulmate. We were together 29yrs .I don't think I will ever get over it I feel so alone I miss him so much.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: My Husband
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 10:45:52 PM »
Hello and welcome Marvil

I moved your post here so it gets seen better and replied too.

It's still very early days for you and 29 years is just forever isn't it,,, Please accept my deepest sympathy, I do know how your feeling and I know it feels like life isn't worth living anymore but you must trust me that it will change and the pain will become bearable, though that's hard for you to believe will happen now.

I promise you if you keep posting we will get you through this very sad time and lend a listening ear when it all seems just to much to go it alone.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Patrickt

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 11:22:29 PM »
Hello Marvil, my heart goes out to you.
I really do know what you're going through, the loneliness and despair can sometimes be overwhelming.
I lost my lovely wife suddenly a few months ago and she was my life, so I guess we'll be travelling the same path for a while.

Offline Jude M

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 11:32:02 PM »
Hi Marvil so sorry for the loss of your husband.
I lost my Paul just over 3 years ago and like you we were together for 29 1/2 years.
You have lost the one person  who you would trust with your life, but  the pain gets * different *  the wanting and missing is always there.
Keep talking to us or in the evenings there is a chat room which we use every night just after 8 you would be most welcome to come and join us.
Take care and be gentle on yourself xx
I get up, go to work and survive another day .

Offline Toriap2

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 05:54:09 AM »
Hi Marvil

I am so sorry for your loss.  I also lost myHusband only a few months ago.  In some ways it still does not feel real, and in other ways it is all too real. This lovely group of people have given me so much love and support, and so much good advice.  Hugs. Vicky xx

Offline Cairo

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 03:13:52 PM »
I recently lost my husband also. I am so sorry that you also find yourself in this position. I'm just trying to get through one day at a time.
~~~~~~~~
I will survive.
~~~~~~~~

Offline marvil296

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 09:14:37 AM »
Hi thanks for your lovely kind words .so sorry for your loss to. I'm aso new to internet .I got given this android tablet as a gift .its been a blessing to me.I struggle to use it sometimes though : :smiley:

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 01:50:01 PM »
Hi thanks for your lovely kind words .so sorry for your loss to. I'm aso new to internet .I got given this android tablet as a gift .its been a blessing to me.I struggle to use it sometimes though : :smiley:

We are always here to help even with technical issues Marvil, we don't want you or anyone to miss out on any kind of support whatsoever.  :smiley:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 08:02:45 PM »
My reply is to, Patrick, Toriap, Cairo and Marvil, my heart goes out to you all, your pain is still so raw so i hope you can all find the support you need from the site, im sure you will all find it helps to post as much in here as you need to, opening our hearts to people who understand how your feeling is easier than opening to friends and family because we dont want to upset them. So please keep talking to us, i lost my hubby suddenly 19 months ago, life is easier for me now but i do still get bad patches were i struggle through, but i do know i wouldnt be where i am now if i hadnt had the support of BUK, its been my lifesaver and still is. (((Hugs))) to you all.

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Cairo

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »
Thank you so much. Been having a tough weekend. The first on my own, although I did manage to meet a couple of friends for lunch today.

This evening I found several of George's friends and students had posted photos and video of him on Facebook. It's lovely to know how much he was liked and will be missed but it has made me very tearful. It's all beginning to be real that he is never coming home again.

My old dog is very ill as well. She's lying outside this evening and didn't want to come in the house which I think is a bad sign. I'm so worried about her and it reminds me of worrying about my husband, although it never occurred to me he would die. I was just worried that he was going through such a painful experience.

Been drinking too much wine as well but it helps a bit. Tomorrow I have to go back to work although only 4 hours so no more wine tonight or I'll have a hangover. I know I have to go through this pain but it's very hard, isn't it?
~~~~~~~~
I will survive.
~~~~~~~~

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 09:05:59 PM »
Hi Cairo.

I do so feel for you and as a big time dog lover with two dogs of my own I can understand the stress and apprehension you are feeling.

I know the wine helps but not the hangover, so don't dehydrate which gives you the headache and force some water down yuk lol.

Thinking of you be strong.

Dave.  :smiley:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 07:51:42 PM »
My sympathy to you Cairo. I understand what you are going through. Our dog collapsed twice in two days the week after my wife died and I had to take her to the vets where she was put to sleep. I was numb before I went to the vets and in the surgery I couldn't speak. I came out of there in a daze and the only comfort I could find was to think that at least "Mummy" hadn't had to suffer the loss (she was my wife's pet to be honest). We are remarkable aren't we, the way that we manage to survive the unbearable.

p.s. - I'm the same when it comes to the red wine, I do force myself to have several 'dry nights' each week though when I make do with a large mug of cocoa  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:56:21 PM by longedge »
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Cairo

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »
I took her to the vet last night and she was put to sleep in my car as she hated going into the surgery. To be honest, I'm not sure she even knew where she was but I wanted to reduce any trauma. I'm not sure she would have lasted much longer.

Having watched my husband suffer I couldn't bear to see my dog suffer and she had incurable kidney failure as well as a heart problem. My main feeling last night was of relief that she was not in pain and that I wouldn't be awake all night worrying about her. I did weep but some of the time I also feel numb. I think it's too painful to deal with.

I know what you mean about being glad your other half wasn't there to get upset. Lots of people have told me that she went to join George and it would be lovely to think they were playing together somewhere. I don't really believe they are but it's a comforting thought that they might be ...
~~~~~~~~
I will survive.
~~~~~~~~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 07:53:50 PM »
Sending a hug, :hug: be gentle with yourself xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline iain.sandeman

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 03:09:56 AM »
I just want to die