Author Topic: My first post  (Read 998 times)

Offline Deirdre

My first post
« on: June 17, 2020, 08:24:29 PM »
Dear Friends
This is my first post, my husband died in March - aged 65years, less than 6 months from first symptoms of cancer.
Just after he died, lockdown came, and I feel very isolated.
I've joined the 8pm zoom chat three times - only found one person there once ... does anyone else use this?
Sending a virtual hug
Deirdre

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: My first post
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 12:40:15 PM »
HI Deirdre
Welcome to the main site - i think the  zoom chat is more related to the fb group than here  we do tend to be quieter and more about writing here but sometimes fewer people means you get to know individuals better and your posts dont get lost or disapear from the main wall  as quickly as fb  There is absolutely no reason to not do both though - If you are in that group why not put a post on the group wall  saying you are going to be in there at whatever time and then others will be able to join you - i think as so many people are on at different times it could be a case of missing each other if you go in at different times.
I dont go in i dont really have the technology and also trying to work from home at the moment  i tend to be working in the evenings which is when i think it is probably busiest in there.

I lost my husband too a stroke 8 years ago and so i completely understand how lonely the journey of grief can be especially in those early days - and the lock down has definitely made that worse for many people.

Writing here helped me a lot and has created new real world friendships as well - under normal conditions look out for meet ups in the fb group - usually a coffee locally with people in the same areas of the country - although there have been some overnight ones staying in various places as well - Thats not possible now but it will be again in the future - and from my experience of those meets they are not to be feared of course there are moments of sadness but everyone understands that and shares them but  also a lot of time filled with laughter and the opportunity to explore somewhere you may otherwise not go too because going alone is daunting. Meanwhile we are here for you and as i said just writing and knowing you are not alone on this journey helps. :hug: