Author Topic: Hoping to find some reassurace  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Em1986

Hoping to find some reassurace
« on: September 08, 2021, 03:44:50 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all keeping as well as you can be.

I am reaching out as since the loss of my Grandma who has always been my Mum to me, my whole world has caved in. Internally anyway. For the most part I seem like I am coping 'so well'.

But it triggered a huge amount of change for me or a journey at least of many things, from the grief that consumes you and you just cant let it go through to making changes in my own life such as quitting alcohol and going alcohol free and realising and digging deep on past hurts. It has hit me like an avalanche but I wasn't expecting it to pour over and influence my whole life and very being.

One thing I have struggled with so very much is feeling as though life is so very pointless. As though, we all live day to day doing what we do, but it amounts to nothing in the end. That scares me and its a horrible place to be.

I guess I just want to hear that this is part of grief - that this isn't how I feel forever now that she is gone and now that I don't drink and can see life through sober eyes  :cry:

I have never lost anyone before her and she was my world so I know it might be normal to feel this way but I cant help worry its just me now. And I don't want to feel like life is meaningless.

I am attending therapy as well to work on things but I wanted to reach out on here too - to see if anyone can relate to this whole questioning meaning and purpose and really digging down on what its all even about.

Thank you

Offline Ian Haines

Re: Hoping to find some reassurace
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 10:18:51 PM »

Stop looking for the purpose in all life! 
Start looking for your purpose while alive!
You'll find it!

Offline esther e

Re: Hoping to find some reassurace
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 06:59:16 PM »
Em1986,
Sorry for your loss of your grammie/mom. Try to think of the happy memories you've shared together and they will stay with you forever. I understand when you question your purpose, I too question/have questioned the same thing. I have 3 responsibilities in my life,they are my purpose. Without them I question my life. I'm here on this forum because I lost my brother, my only sibling. And life as I knew it, changed forever.  It's beneficial that your going to therapy and also that you stopped drinking which can lead to health problems later in life. I should go for therapy because I have alot of things on my mind and complicated grief. It's good to have someone to share that with that you can trust. And someone that will listen to you.
Take care friend  :hug:
"If Love
Could Have
Saved you,
you would have lived
FOREVER "
Suicide Awareness