Author Topic: My Husband  (Read 11835 times)

Offline Rosaleen

Re: My Husband
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 08:43:50 AM »
So sorry

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 10:21:19 AM »
I just want to die

Iain Their isn't one member here who at some time through their bereavement haven't felt this way.

Talking about it will so help you, so please share everything that is breaking your heart and we will be here for you to listen and support you all the way I promise.

Start your own new topic so it makes it easier for us all to follow you.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:23:41 AM by Dave Administrator »
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 10:39:04 AM »
I just want to die

Ian - I know. A virtual arm round your shoulder mate.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 11:23:07 AM »
Iain making your first post is a major step forward and Dave is right you are not alone with that feeling.

Please start a new topic so more people will see it and have more understanding of what has happened.I promise you will find support here, we are all at different stages of what is a horrendous journey, so we do understand how it feels.I came here five years ago, saying pretty much the same thing having googled for help in the early hours,  and i am so glad i found this site just the very act of writing things helped even though it also sometimes ended with the damm bursting, people here are really lovely, and many i now consider as real friends.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 01:35:25 PM »
I took her to the vet last night and she was put to sleep in my car as she hated going into the surgery.

Cairo what sad news about your beloved girl, i'm so sorry and can't help admire you for your courage to free her from her pain.

I have a little section on the main website Tributes to loved ones, which links to "If you've just lost a pet" and wonderful little sort of prayer that even if your not religious has lovely meaning. Yes it will make you cry but the sentiment is worth it. Big hugs. xx
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline marvil296

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 04:25:31 PM »
To Cairo. So sorry for you about your beautiful dog.I've got a. Westie he gives me comfort .since I lost my husband.So sad for you that you lost both of them.they will be looking after each other in heaven I believe.take care .treasure all ur happy memories .marvil. Sending you a hug.

Offline Cairo

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 06:07:02 PM »
Thank you so much. We had two dogs. The one L've just lost was the mother but I still have her daughter, who is 8. She looks so sad some of the time. She has never been parted from her mother before for more than a day, but luckily my brother and his wife are staying with me for a week and their dog is here too so at last she has plenty of human and canine company.

I think next week I'll take her into work with me as she's never been left alone at the house before. We're trying to comfort each other.
~~~~~~~~
I will survive.
~~~~~~~~

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 07:52:03 PM »
Hi Cairo,so sorry for both your losses.when I lost my husband our dog and I also helped each other.he is fortunately still with me but at 13 years old I do worry for how long.