Author Topic: Loss of my beautiful daughter  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Sally M

Loss of my beautiful daughter
« on: March 12, 2020, 09:46:06 AM »
  :candle: Hi, my daughter was living her dream for the last 2 years travelling but sadly lost her life whilst out hiking recently. No words can explain how I am feeling and I would love to speak with someone who can help ease this pain.  Like every mum, she was not just my daughter but my buddy! Thank you

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Loss of my beautiful daughter
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 10:46:48 AM »
I am so sorry that you have suffered this terrible loss and send you a heartfelt welcome hug.  :hug: I cannot imagine the pain you must be suffering. I lost a friend to cancer at  the age of 16 many years ago and have never forgotten the sight of her poor mum at the time. I am sure how she looked must be how you are feeling and I don't suppose there are words that will make it any better really. All I can offer is sympathy and to say that we are here for you and you are not alone. We have members here who have suffered all kinds of losses in different ways and whatever the relationship or manner of the loss, we all go through such terrible pain as a result, so they will all understand something of what you are suffering. I know you will carry her with you in your heart and your memories forever and that this is not the same as having her with you. No one should have to deal with such a terrible loss, but at least you have the years when she was with you to treasure and those memories can help you to stay strong throughout this process and your future. She will never really be gone from you, because she was a large part of your life and that can never be lost. Sending support and love.  :hearts:

Offline “Kitty123”

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 01:15:52 PM »
I’m so sorry Sally  :hug:

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful precious daughter, me being a mum to a 19 year old daughter myself I cannot even being to imagine the pain you are feeling at losing your precious girl. I am so glad you are reaching out for support from this forum is the right place for you to be at the moment as everyone is helping each other through similar grief and loss. I am a new member and have found that it has really helped me. I lost my best friend of my entire life on 5th March, and have not functioned or been able to cope since. But being part of this forum with the kind help of the lovely people on here with words of support and help has given me comfort. My heart truly breaks for what you are going through and no mother should ever endure or go through what you are suffering and going through. I want to send you love and hugs and want to say that I believe that our loved ones are always with us and know how much we loved them and miss them and I believe that we all meet up when the time is right. I feel comfort in thinking that my loved ones are all in a heavenly beautiful sunny place filled with green grass, beautiful flowers and are all spending time with each other at a big picnic and looking down on us like as if they are watching a movie of our lives, and with them smiling and happy that we are doing ok.

My thoughts are with you Sally, I don’t think my words are expressing things as clearly as I usually would as my grief is quite strong at the moment. But please know that you are not alone and we are all here to help each other.

Sending you many hugs  :hug:

Offline Elliots dad

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 10:35:28 PM »
Hello Sally

To lose a child is without doubt the worst kind of bereavement.  I too am in this awful, awful club.  It’s hard for anyone outside to understand how we feel, and equally hard for us to explain how we feel, and the pain we feel.

My son died very unexpectedly 6 months ago, so my emotions are very raw indeed.  A few practical things have helped me to smooth the very sharp edges of grief.  They may help you too.  I’ve read three books, and I’ve referred to them in another post.  The Soul Must Go On, Finding Bear, and Grieving Dad.  Grieving Dad being by far the best.  In fairness, it could just as easily be Grieving Mum, the practical brain training is the same.

I won’t bombard you with other stuff that I’ve done, but initially, when you feel ready, look out for these books.  They’ll be others of course, but from personal experience, they’ve each gone some way to help.

I wish you peace & free from further sorrow.

Offline Keren

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 02:02:09 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about your daughters passing. I could not imagine the pain that you are going through.  My daughter is 15 and I find it very difficult to let her be more independent.  I admire your strength, I don't know if I could deal with it.  Keep going, your daughter would not want you to stop living your life. She sounds to have been a very independent person who loved life.