Author Topic: Lost my wife  (Read 959 times)

Offline Incomplete

• New Members
Lost my wife
« on: March 29, 2020, 04:35:10 PM »
Hello all. I lost my wife of 18 years to a brain bleed on 20th March this year. We have a beautiful 7 yr old daughter and not much family around do things will be tough for a while. It was all very sudden she was fit and healthy and only 45.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost my wife
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 07:44:29 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  sorry for your loss. Hope you find some support from the forum
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 11:25:52 AM »
 :hug: welcome to the forum but sorry you had to find us due to such a major trauma - i came here after losing my husband too a stroke -I found just having somewhere to write things down along with a welcoming and understanding community here was very valuable in getting through the journey grief sends us on - some of us are now much further along it than others but always here to reach out a helping hand to those who follow us. - grief never really goes away, but we learn to live with it and to cope in time so that it becomes less overwhelming.

Offline Incomplete

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »
I am slowly getting used to the fact that it's just me and my daughter now. Different places and things still trigger grief powerful enough to make breathing hurt and evenings are lonely as well as sleepless nights. I will always miss her but hope it gets slightly easier

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 11:24:57 PM »
So very sorry to hear about your wife.  :hug: It must be very hard to have to deal with this yourself whilst also trying to help your daughter get through it as well.

Perhaps you can put an album of photos together with her and perhaps a memory box or jar too. The box idea is that you put in it any items that remind you of your wife or have some special memories attached to them. The memory jar is an idea for you allow you to dip into whenever one of you is missing her. You write down any memories of her that you have on bits of paper or characteristics you remember about her, so that when you are missing her, you can draw one out at random and relive that memory, which although it may make you cry, may also make you smile.

It helped me to have flowers in the room to remind me that there were still beautiful things in the world worth living for and to give me a little hope for the future.

Talk about your wife with your daughter as often and as openly as you can. That will help. It's no good bottling things up.

We will be here for as long as you need us. Sending strength and hope.  :hug: