Author Topic: New to this site  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Diane

New to this site
« on: November 21, 2019, 07:36:38 PM »
Hi,
I am new to this site.
My name is Diane I am 61 years old and I have just lost my wonderful husband. The pain is overwhelming. I am hoping I can find some comfort from others, who know, feel the same crushing pain and an immense sense of loss. I gave up work to care for him at home during the last few months and even though I knew that his illness was terminal. I had no idea just how powerful and crushing grief is. I`m Utterly devastated.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New to this site
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 08:35:59 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Jackie - Richard

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 10:21:32 PM »
Diane...
...i shant say welcome to a bereavement forum that no one was expecting to join...I too have only recently joined after losing my partner Richard ( 74, i am 68 ) seven months ago 11th April...We had met in later life and had been together for these past 20 years...I will never get over his sudden loss...My life now has become so void and empty, no sounds, no movements just emptiness, where once their was activity from Richard and our three dogs, our fur-babies, they too have now departed to the rainbowsbridge...And no, time is not a great healer, infact for me, the longer it goes on the reality of it setting in that my Richard is never ever coming back to me...I will never see his face, i will never hear his voice again...

Jackie..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 06:26:29 AM by Jackie - Richard »

Offline Jill

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 10:17:32 AM »
Hello Dianne,  I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your husband.  When you have been caring for someone you are with them all the time, sometimes getting up during the night.  It must be very hard for you now.  Just want you to know that I sympathise with you.