Author Topic: Saying hi  (Read 1013 times)

Offline rebeccamarie

Saying hi
« on: May 03, 2020, 07:38:18 PM »
Hi there.

My name’s Rebecca. I’m currently 20 years old. In 2011, I lost my Dad after a short stay in hospital due to a Subarrachnoid Brain Haemorrhage, and on 28th February this year, my Mum passed away due to a blood clot, which we and her doctors believe was caused by her anti-cancer treatment.

It’s been really hard recently, as obviously due to lockdown/social distancing restrictions, I’ve not been able to be with my family to help me get through it. I thought I’d try this forum, as another method of venting whilst I can’t be with the ones I love. It’s getting very hard to deal with at the moment.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Saying hi
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:
Losing loved ones is hard, I can only imagine how much harder being in lockdown makes it.  It really helped me to be able to talk to others who understood, I hope you find it a comfort too
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Saying hi
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »
Hello Rebecca Marie,

So sorry to hear of your loss of your mum and your dad in 2011. It seems rather cruel for you to have lost both your parents whilst still so young. Loss is hard at any age and in normal circumstances, so I feel for you having to go through this under Lockdown. All you can do it take it one day at a time and try to do whatever helps. I found it helped to do three things in those early months after I lost my mum. Walking in the park was one. I found it a calming place to think about all that had happened to and to try to come to terms with it. It felt comforting to have nature around me. I also found that it helped to have flowers around. THeir beauty and scent seemed to lift my spirits a little and remind me that there were still good things in the world. The other thing, that I think might help you most in these odd times, is that I kept a journal and wrote down each day what I was thinking about and how I was feeling and how I felt about all that had happened when I lost my mum. Writing it down does seem to help to get it out of your system and relieve the pressure inside somehow. These are all things you can try whilst in Lockdown to help you. I also put together a photo album of pictures of my mum which I still find a comfort to look at.

If you can, keep in touch however you can with the rest of your family and that contact will help. Otherwise, we are here for you for as long as you need us, so talk to us about whatever you like for as long as you like. Everyone here will understand what you are going through and will have sympathy or advice to offer. You are not alone.

Sending you an understanding hug.  :hug: Keep strong. :hearts: