Author Topic: Saying Hello  (Read 984 times)

Offline Crystal57

Saying Hello
« on: May 02, 2020, 01:27:02 PM »
Hello my name is Glynis and i lost my mother on the 8th of April to Covid-19 , she was in our local hospital with other health conditions and passed in her sleep , i didn't get to see her as the ward was closed to visitors and i couldn't go to her funeral either because of restrictions , our bond was very close and the visits i made before lockdown i will always treasure , alone in the house now with memories and no idea of what the future might bring , lost , lonely and in need of hugs i'm not allowed to have :cry:

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 12:45:22 AM »
I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother, Crystal. Sending you a heartfelt hug.  :hug: I found my way here in 2017 after losing my mum too, so know only two well how you must be feeling. It's very hard to lose anyone under the current circumstances, as all the usual things we expect to be able to do to say goodbye are not possible at the moment. Little things like walking in the park and having flowers in the house helped me, and those are still things we can do, so you may like to try them. I found that the park provided a calming environment in which to be to think about all that had happened and try to begin to come to terms with it. Having flowers around just made me feel better and lifted my spirits a little through their beauty and scent. THey reminded me there are still good things in the world and that is something we all need to hold on to at the moment. I also found it helped to make a photo album of pictures of my mum and to write down each day how I was feeling and coping and what I was thinking about. It does help to write it all down as that somehow helps to get it off your chest and further along this horrible journey, when you look back, it will help you see that slowly, you will have made progress and be moving gradually forwards. It's a long hard road to walk at the best of times, but just now, must be even harder. We are here for as long as you need us. Everyone here will know what you are going through. One day at a time, things will slowly get better.  :hearts:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Saying Hello
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »
Sending you a big virtual hug  :hug:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx