Author Topic: Lost my Fiance  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Donna82

Lost my Fiance
« on: April 08, 2020, 08:18:53 PM »
Hi, i lost my Fiance on the 15th March unexpectedly. He was 42. I thought I was coping until this week when it seems to have hit me hard. I just want him back and can’t bear the thought of living my life without him. He was also my best friend and always my go to person and I just don’t feel like i have anyone. I have been getting messages of support but they are soon fading and I can’t expect them to know what I’m going through. They have their own lives to get on with.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost my Fiance
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 03:12:59 PM »
 :hug: welcome to the forum -its sad to welcome new people but we will be here as long as you need us to be - it is such an extra  difficult time too when we cant be around people just some-one to offer a kind word or a hug  - i think everyone is feeling fear and helplessness at the moment.
In the early days we go into a kind of shock - we function and we think because we function we are coping ok - then suddenly we arnt any more  - i think its the brains way to absorb what has happened a bit at a time - and through all that as well as feeling totally alone we go through needless guilt, inexplicable anger, fear,depression anxiety - and there is not set pattern too this and when the go to person in your life is the one who has died you don't know where to turn. After losing my husband i would think i was actually losing my mind - come here and find some-one else feeling or remembering feeling exactly the same and it helps to know that - it also helps just to have somewhere you can just write - i wrote letters to my husband - poems about the void i was in and how i was feeling  - constructing sentences to write where others can see it means it has to be coherent at a time our brains are so jumbled we cant be coherent any other way so  maybe helps us make sense of what we are feeling in a way just thinking or talking cant do.

Offline elleReynolds

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 10:30:24 AM »
Hey hello,
My name is elle, as in Ellie, I lost my fiance on the 3rd March, my world has literally stopped, we lived together, and worked together, and no matter how much people say, come back to work, you will be fine, I know I won't be, because he is not there,
I honestly don't know what to do!
Today I put a little make up on, I thought it may stop me crying, but no, I see a photo and I cry.

Please feel free to write to me, even just to vent,
Thank you X

Stay safe.
Hey,
I lost my Fiancé on the 3rd April, and my world has shattered.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 08:36:50 PM »
Sending you both a welcome hug Donna and Elle  :hug:
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx