General Category > General Discussion

Do you believe in the afterlife?

(1/19) > >>

Dave Administrator:
This topic was very interesting on our old forum and had well over 5400 views and 475 replies. So I have started it again here and copied my opening post and the first three replies we got back then. I do hope it gets the same wonderful response as it makes very good reading that sure does get you thinking.

To try and get some postings on our new board, I have put up this new topic hoping to get very mixed responces.

I for one cannot believe that when we pass over all is gone forever. I wish I could say I have had proof of this but alas nothing spiritualy wonderful has ever happened to me.

If you have please tell us about it or if you don't believe there is such a thing,,why?

I always respect peoples beliefs and would never force my own on them.

Hope to get some interesting replies.  :|

Dave Administrator:
Postby June » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Dave,

I have always found this an interesting topic. I never really believed in Life after death until after my dad died a few years ago. My mum and i noticed that a few months after my dad's passing that things happened that we could not explain so we decided to go along to a Spiritualist Church one evening, something we had never done before and it was there that the medium picked my mum out of the crowd of people during the evening and gave us a message from my dad. I do have to say that there is absolutely no way that the medium knew anything prior to what she told my mum so yes i do believe in life after death.
Sadly my mum passed away two weeks ago and i feel my mums passing much more because we were extremely close. My mum was ill before she passed and us both being believers in Life after death, she did say to me that she loved me and would always watch over me and guide me bless her. Unfortunately i wasn't at my mum's side when she passed which has upset me greatly and in a way i feel i let her down when she needed me the most!
My mum had Cancer and i took the necessary time off work to be with her at home and when she was having her radiotherapy treatment. The day before my mum died, i was with her right up until midnight until she went to sleep and thought that if i had of stayed at her bedside and she knew i was there she would have tried to stay awake for me so i made the decision to come home and go back the following morning but unfortunately i got a call the next morning to say my mum had passed away, i was inconsolable. I was devastated and still feel guilty about that today. The strange thing is though that since my mum has passed, some strange things have happened that i cannot explain, they never happened before she died. I think it's my mum's way of letting me know she ok, i do hope so!

Thanks
June.

Dave Administrator:
Postby Dave » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:30 am

Hi June..Thank you so much for sharing what must be painful for you to write about, it certainly brought a lump to my throat reading it.

The very first thing I thought of going through your story, was that it's just amazing how many hundreds of people who have come through my site in the last 8 years have said that their loved one died when they were not their.

Someone once told me that because they love us so much they find it hard to die in front of us and leave us. Somehow they seem to know we are there and wait till were gone. People who have been by a bedside all the time have said they just popped out to go to the loo, only to find them dead on their return. So please don't feel guilty June, she would not have wanted it any other way.

I'm so pleased you feel something still from you Mum and Dad June and how I wish I had something like that too, but I do believe that love is such a powerful and divine thing, like in the film Ghost, we take it with us.

I'm so sorry for you loss and you have my deepest sympathy. :( I wish you great courage and strength of spirit in your daily life .

Dave Administrator:
Postby boatlover » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Hi Dave,

Before my Husband died, we spoke about this topic a lot. We were quite sure that there was an afterlife, possibly in the form of life as we know it to be. We discussed how people "click" when they meet. The expressions of " I feel like I have known him all my life", the way some people can read your thoughts and finish your sentences when they haven't known you that long. The incredible soul mate experience etc, etc. The thoughts we had were that maybe we had been married in a previous life, which is why we just knew we were meant to be together (after the first date)! So before he died, in my arms, we said we would be together again one day. I guess it helped him "let go", believing that. It helped us both.

Dave Administrator:
Postby Saz » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:16 pm

I have always thought that once we were dead, that's it. It never frightened me, but it made everything so much more final. Lately, i've been researching reincarnation, and the more I read, the more I believe. I sort of mixed the two ideas up to come to this conclusion:
We all have energy. We know, through science, that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. So when we die, the energy has to transform... I believe that it's just pot luck what it transforms into... we have all been many things in many previous 'lives' and will be many more in future 'lives'. I believe mortal life as we know it is definitely not the end for our energies, and we will go on and on.
The idea of love, I believe, is two energies finding each other again, after however many years. We can love more than one person in a lifetime because energy has been around since the beginning of existence; mixing, splitting, joining again... Energy is a truly amazing thing...
Death may be the end for our mortal beings, but not for our energies.

Don't know how well I explained that lol

Re: Do you believe in afterlife?
Postby Dave » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:53 pm

You know Saz, this is becoming very interesting what you and the ladies have posted here. I’ve never thought of it like that and it kind of makes lots of sense of many of the things we don't yet understand. I didn't want to bring religion into this topic but if you think about all the miraculous events told in the bible, they would be quite possible with some/one/thing that understood enough to manipulate the power of energy.
I have often wondered that if a man or woman looses their spouse and then in time meet someone else that they fall deeply in love with and marry. When they themselves die who does their love and loyalties belong to, the first or second?
Your theory also would explain why sometimes we get a feeling that we have done something or been in a place before that we call déjà vu.  :shock:
Thank for posting Saz and I do so hope that anyone reading this can add something to give us all something to think about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version