Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 2186 times)

Offline bigdave

• New Members
Hello everyone
« on: May 03, 2017, 07:56:46 PM »
Not good at this but i'll give it a go. On 29 december 2015 my wife of 23 years didnt wake up, after 25 minutes of chest compressions we eventually got her back but the life support was turned off on new years eve and she finally passed at 9:55 am. despite being told there was nothing that could have been done i know im to blame. i didnt cry for the first couple of months but havent stopped since. a friend pushed me to get help, since she is scared i might do something stupid. apparently i've got ptsd, depression and anxiety but really i just want to be with my girl. i am a full time carer for my adult son and dont really have contact with many people, which is good as at the moment they scare me a little. people dont get it but living without her i can do , it's easy shut down and just do it, the problem is i dont want to live without her. A bit daft written down but it's true. not sure what else to say ive got a lot to live for and people who need me but sometimes the darkness is too much.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Bereavement is a tough journey, with very dark times.  But do please hold on in there, I know how low the dark moments can get but it will get easier to cope in time.  Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 07:29:54 PM »
 :hug: It isn't at all silly to feel you don't want to go on,it is something many of us have also felt especially when it is all so raw.Right now your only incentive for life is the care of others,and that's probably the best incentive anyone has,eventually you will start to see more but its a long journey that can't be rushed.

Guilt is another one and whatever it is that makes you say it was your fault all of us act in the way we feel is best at the time and we don't have the means to see the future only hindsight and even then no way to know if we had done something differently what the outcome of that would have been either,

The only way through this is slowly a step at a time,you are taking care of your son but you need to take care of yourself too which means being kind to yourself not beating yourself up over something you cannot have forseen .

We will be here as long as you need us to be.I lost my husband and found even just writing helped but this is more than writing because some one will always reach out a hand of friendship and understanding as all of us have lost someone close.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 08:11:38 AM »
Sending a welcome.   :hug:  please keep writing al your felings and emotions  down, believe me it does help. There will always be someone here to respond xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐