Author Topic: Help-I am hurting  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Yvonne

Help-I am hurting
« on: February 23, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
4 Weeks since I lost my dad and I feel like nothing will ever have any meaning.  Every day since he went to sleep for the last time has been unbearable.  It has been made worse because mum and I were totally alone with no-one to help us through. The dwindling family that are still around just left us to it.  I feel helpless and don't know where to turn to.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Help-I am hurting
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 05:20:28 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
It will feel like that initially, it will improve gradually over time.  Be gentle with yourself, it can be a rollercoaster journey xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Yvonne

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:57:23 PM »
Thankyou for your welcome message and support.  I am trying hard to push through this awful pain but I know it will soften in time.  Friends have told me that it takes time and I know that but I am still at the stage where I just want it not to have happened.  I keep thinking of that line from a poem ' for nothing now can come to any good'.  My dad was a quiet un-assuming man but he has left a massive silence.  I think if we had some support from his remaining family it might have helped but they have just abandoned mum and I.  I don't think my dad (actually my stepdad but always dad to me) would have been happy to know how things have turned out.  Anyway it is what it is and we have to get through.  Thankyou again for caring enough to reach out and offer kind words.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:16:22 PM »
Also sending you a warm welcome.It must be difficult trying to support your mum and cope with your own grief and made worse by being abandoned by others .The only advise I can offer really is to take things one day at a time,some days will be easier than others and eventually the bad days will get fewer.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 11:03:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum Yvonne. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

It does leave a massive space in our lives when we lose someone close. I don't think we ever really appreciate how much effect others have on our lives until they are gone. I know you will be trying to keep strong to help your mother, just as she will be to help you, but be there for each other, cry together rather than alone.

Wishing you strength.  :hug: