Bereavement Support Posts > Please Post In This Bereavement Support Posting Room

Healing process ?

(1/1)

BT:
I have had a few tearful moments the last few days, it has taken me by surprise.  Mum is in my thoughts every day and trying to be positive. It could be because I am not at work.  More time to think.  Is this part of the grieving process ? 

Hubby:
I've no idea if it's normal but I find that work is very distracting and I am far less upset when kept busy. It's when I have down time that the thoughts of Margaret come to the front. Weekends are definitely far more of a struggle than workdays.

Karena:
Yes it is normal a lot of people here will tell you its like a roller coaster ride,it does smooth out over time,but I once burst into tears over hearing a Christmas Carroll my mum used to play on the piano 11 years after I lost her,which I was totally not expecting,so even when it seems to have smoothed out it can suddenly knock you sideways again in a very unpredictable way.work is a distraction but a distraction can not last all the time,much as we want to not be grieving we cannot just put it to one side all the time.I think the acceptance part of grief is accepting that it will always be part of us.That doesn't mean it will always be overwhelming or that your lives will always feel so bad as they do now though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version