Author Topic: introducing myself  (Read 3212 times)

Offline stockdalecarina

introducing myself
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:36:51 PM »
Hi, I'm Judith.  My wife Mary died in June 2015 from bile duct cancer which is quite rare. We'd been together for over 40 years. In our early years we suffered the discrimination of the times. In 2005 we were finally accepted by society when we were able to have a civil partnership. Then in December 2014 we were the first couple in our area to convert to same sex marriage. We waited all those years to get a marriage certificate and then 6 months later I lost her.
Within days her son turned on me and walked out leaving me to do everything. He attended the funeral but sat at the back and I never saw him. He didn't go to the wake and he didn't sen d a wreath for his mother. before the funeral he sent me nasty text and e-mail saying he never wanted to see me again but put money in his bank account  that he assumed he's been left. hw wanted my proposals for his children that he'd spent 20 years ducking the diving the CSA to avoid maintaining them. Hours after the funeral he sent me a text calling me a cow-bag. I involved the police who stopped it all and I've heard nothing since.
I'm struggling as I'm totally on my own with no blood family at all in the UK. Mary's family are all too far away to be around me and I have no close friends at all. I rely totally on virtual support. 

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 09:01:35 AM »
Hi Judith sending you a welcome hug xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 09:15:01 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Unfortunately bereavement can bring the worst out in families sometimes :-( xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Didi63

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 10:18:03 AM »
 :hug: Hello Judith, welcome to this lovely place.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 09:19:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum Judith. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Try not to let her son get to you. Whatever his problem is let it remain his problem. You have more than enough to deal with at this time.

Wishing you strength

:hug:

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:34:32 PM »
Hello Judith  :hearts:  that son sounds absolutely vile and you have enough to cope with without all that nastiness too. I hope that we can help support you through all this X

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 11:21:44 PM »
Hello and welcome.I agree the son seems to be behaving appallingly,sometimes grief leads people to behave very strangely.Years ago I lost my partner to cancer  and his brother blamed me.It was very bizarre I think he thought it was something you catch from someone else.His mum told me years later he had forgiven me. Very generous of him,but I havnt seen him since and it doesn't bother me.I came here much later after loosing my husband.We were both widowed when we met,His previous wife's family blanked me but luckily his children didn't follow suit.

It is so very hard when loneliness takes over.Your forum name sounds very rural and as I live in a rural area it doesn't help if there are no social options.So I also rely on the virtual world,but we do have real world meet ups arranged here so maybe something will come up near you,.I have found this place to be really helpful and virtual world or not,feel to have made real friendships.