General Category > General Discussion

I am proud of myself.

(1/5) > >>

Julie Magson:
I did something huge last night. For some time I've felt especially sad and low. I used to do belly dancing until 3 years ago when I 'retired' , then became a carer for Alan and then lost Alan. My sister has been trying to persuade me to return to belly dancing as a means of getting out, being sociable with like minded people, getting used to conversing again out in the big wide world. Last night there was a bellydance party (hafla) and right up to Saturday afternoon I couldn't imagine making the effort to get dressed up, put make up on and drag this sad, heavy body through a dance. I knew how cross I would be with myself if I didn't do it. So I went. And I danced. And I enjoyed it. And I'm proud of myself. I'm just posting this to say that although you may think there is NOTHING for you in the future, you just never know. I wouldn't have imagined this possible just 2 weeks ago, yet I did it. I hope it gives somebody some hope X
( apologies to those in the BUK group on FB as I've posted this there too as I'm so damned proud of me!)

Brian71:
Good for you Julie,  I imagine you can be a fun lady when you put your mind to it, even a bit devilish perhaps...lol 

These days my own belly does a little dancing of it's own if I jump up and down.. :rofl:

pennyking:
  You should be very proud of yourself.  Others have no idea how hard these things are. Well done. Xxx

Emz2014:
Well done Julie  :hearts: its hard to do, but helps us so much xx

Julie Magson:
Thank you- and Brian the more you have to wobble the better! If you go to youtube and type in Voodoo Lil you might be able to see us. I'm at the back left looking like a scared rabbit caught in the headlights with a turban and a big round medallion on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version