Bereavement Support Posts > Please Post In This Bereavement Support Posting Room

Lost my mum

(1/5) > >>

marvil296:
Thanks hubby and Emz2014 for your kind words and support.IM glad to see hubby that you are starting to cope a bit better over the sad loss of your wife, when its comes to milestones and special occassions.Its so hard but the support you get here really helps.Today was so hard as its so soon since my lovely mum passed.I go to lift the phone to call her, which I did several times aday.Been playing the messages on my phone,looking at photos .I still miss my lovely husband to.My house is so quiet without him.I have my wee dog for company.He brings me great joy.I take him for long walks to clear my head ,It really helps.I also have a memorial garden for my lovely husband.Which brings me comfort.I also  feed the birds and have a bird bath and feeding station for them.Me and my husband loved nature and all animals.Taking long walks together.I love watching the birds me and mums favourite are the robin.Mum had lots of ornaments of robins.I have put some in my garden which looks lovely.marvil.

Emz2014:
I find alot of satisfaction feeding the birds in my garden and keeping on top of the birdbath.  I think a robin has moved in recently, last couple of days I've been out there there's a robin singing so prettily in the tree :-) xx

marvil296:
Hi Emz2014 Birds are so relaxing to watch.I went a long walk with my wee westie.It helps it was quite a nice day the sun was out.It was last Sunday while I was watching the xfactor I got a call suddenly about my mum.I last spoke to her at 2.30pm that day.We played her favourite Elvis songs at her funeral and her favourite song Run by Leona Lewis.Im very spiritual, today at 2.30pm on smooth radio which I have on all day in my kitchen.Run by Leona Lewis played at the exact time I spoke to my lovely mum.I believe that was her letting me know that she is okay.Thats the first Ive heard run on smooth for years.That made me smile.Thanks for your kind words.x

Hubby:
I once made a bird table. Took me days to do it and I had visions of bluebirds and wrens and chaffinches eating at it. All I got was pigeons.  :sad:

its lovely that you managed to get a smile from the song at this early stage. I still can't listen to any of the songs played at Margarets funeral right the way through. I can't listen to Elvis singing 'How great thou art' at all.

:hug:

marvil296:
Hi hubby I think everyone connects with birds.They say when a bird or robin constantly visits you or crosses your path its a loved one in heaven saying hello I'm with you.I still cry at the songs to but I love to play them.Run especially helps me.As It was me and mums song.It must be about 6 months or so since magaret died.I remember reading it and was so moved by you and your family.Its a long journey to travel.Like you I have good days and bad days special occasions are the hardest.Thats a shame you only got piegons!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version