Author Topic: Six months  (Read 86609 times)

Offline marvil296

Re: Six months
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2016, 08:02:09 PM »
Hi Angela Harris is gorgeous.Thanks so much for the photo .What age is Harris?, Clyde just turned 11 on August.X :smiley:

Offline angela33

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2016, 10:15:22 PM »
Harris was 4 on 26th September which is the date that my previous Westie, Lady, was put to sleep in 2012, so I always feel they are particularly connected to each other.  Lady was a wonderful dog and came to work with me every day when I was working in a Hospice.  She brought comfort and smiles to patients, relatives, friends and staff as well as being my loved companion.  Harris would be a bit to boisterous to take on a similar role (if I hadn't retired) but he still manages to bring smiles to people's faces as we go about our lives together so he carries on Lady's legacy of bringing good feelings into the world!

Offline marvil296

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2016, 10:37:35 PM »
Hi angela That's lovely how the dogs are connected.My wee clyde is the same when we are out walking he has lots of doggy friends.Lots of little kids clap him .He like harris is cheeky.The birthday of Harris is my husbands birthday.Thats nice.I hope I have Clyde a few more years.I would be lost without him.x

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2016, 10:32:52 PM »
Nice to see so many dog lovers. I was going to bring Billy's present into the house tonight but I've left it in my van because there is no way I could sneak a toy past him.

Angela, try not to worry about the tests. They are only tests and nothing is concrete until the results are in. Rationally if the tests results are good then you have spent time worrying over nothing and if they aren't then you have still increased the length of time you will worry. As for Google I look at it as the modern day equivalent of my grannies family medical encyclopaedia. At the first sign of a sniffle she would open it up and diagnose something fatal. Ten times out of ten she was wrong.

I didn't get to post an update yesterday because I was in a bit of a rush to get out so its a two day one again.

On Wednesday I spent the morning in work going round with a stand in manager getting him up to speed on outstanding jobs. Then it was off to counselling. I was feeling a bit strange, upbeat and almost like I thought I was a fraud and didn't need counselling anymore. Halfway through it I was in tears again. I don't know if it's working or not.

I did a pretty big shop on the way home, made tea, answered a few posts in here then it was off out to see a mate play a gig. It was strange being in a pub drinking orange juice all night because I had work the next day but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I got home about half past midnight and then couldn't get to sleep. I put that down to drinking about a gallon of orange juice.  :embarrassed:

Today I did normal work stuff and there were no upsetting moments. I finished pretty late and went to visit my aunt where I wasn't the best visitor in the world as I fell asleep in an armchair for two hours. I headed off home and broke down crying on the drive very, VERY upset. I got the urge to drive to the grave but managed to fight it off. My last two visits there have had me having some extremely dark thoughts and I know it is not a safe place for me to be alone, especially when it is dark and there are no people around.

I went home and started making a casserole in the slow cooker for tomorrow's tea. Tonight's tea was a cheese butty. I had a blazing row with my eldest daughter. I know she isn't very well but I feel she could do more around the house and that she is taking advantage. It doesn't take much effort to rinse your dinner plates off and run the Hoover round does it?

I came to bed at 8:30 and I've been looking around the Internet. I just didn't want to sit downstairs and I'm up at 6 in the morning. I've got a job on and billy has to get his prezzy.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:45:44 PM by Hubby »

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2016, 12:36:20 AM »
I think there's been something wrong with the website tonight. I couldn't get on it st all till midnight.

I've had a pretty good day today. Work went well, billy loves his new toys, the casserole was superb and me and my daughter have got over our little argument though I wait to see if anything has changed.

I've had one cry just after I got home. It is strange that the feelings seem to be stronger when I am upset now than they were in the early months yet I don't cry for as long. It's as if the same amount of grief is concentrated in a shorter time if that makes sense.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2016, 08:56:32 AM »
The website has been dead slow for a couple days Hubby, AYS there was a time last night when it was just timing out, and when it worked it took ages to load a page.   Seems to be much better now though.

Your comment about crying pattern... is probably how I've been lately too, positive days with the odd bad one thrown in....too much thinking...but we cannot erase our memories and indeed we wouldn't wish to, as that's all we have.
All we can do is plod on through each day as it comes, it will get easier,  but I'm sure even after a long period even years maybe, we will still get those sad moments,  we wouldn't be human if we didn't.
 :hug:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:10:07 AM by Brian71 »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2016, 08:58:17 AM »
Happy birthday to Billy! Hope he enjoys his toys. :-) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline marvil296

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2016, 09:44:04 AM »
Happy birthday to Billy hope he enoys his new toys.Hope you all have a lovely day. :smiley:

Offline angela33

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2016, 10:53:08 AM »
Happy birthday Billy from Harris the Westie. Nothing like a good squeaky toy to shred to its gizzards in under a minute!!! Well done with your casserole Hubby - nothing quite as satisfying as producing a meal that tastes delicious AND didn't go near a microwave! Yes I get that heightened intensity when the grief hits me - it does seem like its compressed.  I am scattering John's ashes today accompanied by his married sister with her husband and son and his unmarried sister, (plus Harris of course - not many places he doesn't got to).  When we made our wills years ago he requested that his ashes be scattered on the turn out fields at the stables where we have kept our various horses (only one at a time -we weren't that rich!!) over the past 40 years.  Its a lovely space, loads of fields rolling into each other and I have found a huge oak tree which has a fallen log at its base - ideal for sitting on.  I have laminated a couple of photos of John riding and pinned them to the tree and planted out some Rosemary (for remembrance) and white cyclamen.  When the ground gets softer I will dig up an area and plant bluebells, daffodils and snowdrops so it promises to be a lovely place to go to and sit and have a memory festival while Harris runs around smelling horse poo (hopefully not rolling in it!)  This tree gives masses of shade when its in leaf and a lot of the horses congregate underneath it in the summer, gently swishing their tails and dozing in the sun. So whilst wishing I wasn't having to do this, I am glad it is a place that has a lot of special significance for both of us.  Cant let him go entirely though and have kept some ashes here at home and put some under a rose bush and lavender bush in the garden - still need him close.  Hope he doesn't mind being 'split up' in this way!

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2016, 07:59:06 PM »
Yep I had problems with the site last night but must have been a blip its fine tonight.
Hubby,annoying as they are its more than normal to be rowing with grown up kids about the chores.My eldest makes me laugh she,s so particular now,much more than me,but I remember only too well the half eaten pizza in its box under the bed,etc,and the younger one I now can't help the smirk when she's telling her kids off for the mess,and she was worse than her sister.
I don't think orange juice is meant to be drunk by the gallon no wonder you couldn't sleep,I usually go for lime and soda,not so much sugar in that.I do know what you mean about the crying,shorter but more intense,I think its key moments counselling when of course you're focussing entirely on your grief,but arriving home knowing she isn't there.To be honest that has come back for me since losing the dog too.I tend to make a cup of tea then go straight out the back,even if its raining and I have to drink it in the porch.Don't know why it feels better,maybe adjusting to that transision.I think maybe you are wise to stay away from being on your own at the cemetery,Perhaps you could create a more positive space like Angela,a spot in the garden.Even just a seat and a large tub with her favourite flowers in.
Angela your spot sounds really lovely. I remember visiting somewhere in dalby forest with a view and finding a poem someone had written for her dad and laminated.,it was very moving,it had got half buried on the ground and the ribbon snapped so we walked back  to the car to get some string to fix it,then we tied it to a branch on the tree I found it under.Hoping it was the right place.

Glad Billy enjoyed his birthday.

Offline mike59

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2016, 08:09:11 PM »
hello all , I agree the sites had a few problems for the past few days its been very Laggy and somtimes impossible to post,I hope to be making a few more posts if things go well , Ive Been under the weather as of Late, I lost my Lovely wife in Febuary to lung Cancer
Now my Father is at the end of his Life but hes so strong and a Fighter,I hope you are all Having a decent weekend hope to chat to you all soon.

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2016, 08:33:04 PM »
I agree with Karen Hubby,  I know I would find visiting my wife's grave had she not been cremated very tough indeed,  I would likely visit it an awful lot...probably daily,  and the feeling I know I would get... would be horrendously painful and emotionally unbearable, and for a very long time I suspect.

Ann's ashes are in a casket in my lounge which has a photograph of her in the front,   though I tend to touch the casket most days and speak to her,  I find the thought of her ashes being there don't upset me at all,  but seeing the photograph does occasionally.   It's those memories in your head, and when you start to go over and re-live what happened and you start thinking a lot about them that tears me apart.

So I can only imagine how those visits to Margaret's grave must rip you apart Hubby.

I wish you strength my friend.  Keep going and try and shut those dark thoughts out Hubby,  sounds funny me saying that because I need to practice what I preach...lol....remember our standard forum saying...A Day At A Time.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:05:01 PM by Brian71 »

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
Good to hear from you Mike,  but sorry to hear you have not been too well,  yes cancer is a terrible disease, AYK my own wife passed away from undiagnosed lung cancer too in April, (diagnosing it literally a couple days before she died) I doubt if any of us who have lost their partner will ever be the same again, the impact is simply too great.

I would say losing my Dad was the other biggest tragedy in my life, so I don't envy what you are going through this year Mike,  hopefully your Dad will be around for a little longer yet.
man-hug from me.  :hug:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 08:49:46 PM by Brian71 »

Offline Soleil

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2016, 08:47:01 PM »
Good for you Hubby, sounds like you're still coming along. Hope it's a good week.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2016, 11:39:15 PM »
Hi all.

I didn't post again last night. Nothing wrong with the forum I've just had a pretty bad weekend.

I have not actually done anything over the weekend other than a shop and moping around. I've had some pretty dark moments and, to be honest, some if the thoughts I have had scare me. I can't even talk them through with the counsellor in case they send me to the crisis team again. I've been in to the Samaritans a few times.

I don't know why this weekend has been so hard. I went into it feeling quite positive following last Sunday and expecting to get loads of jobs done.

I have picked up a bit this evening following the visit of my youngest daughter and my grandson and I'm hoping that wave has now passed and I'll get a few good days in to recover.

Hope you have all had better weekends

Take care