Author Topic: Dad sudden passing on Thursday  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Heartbroken42

Dad sudden passing on Thursday
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:00:40 AM »
I'm new here. I'm heartbroken. My lovely dad passed in his sleep on Wednesday night. He was healthy and played golf that day. He was everything to us after the death of my mum 2 years ago. He looked after my 6 year old and my sisters 2 year old. We are devastated as feel so alone. Having to sort affairs and arrange a funeral is a minefield at 37 and 42
And we miss him so much. We were just coming out of the dark fog of losing my mum and even had a lovely week away with my lovely dad returning 5 nights before he passed. Thanks for reading we are just so confused and upset for an apparently healthy 67 year old to leave us like this. My sister found him a few hours later and I saw him
Too. Truly broken.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Dad sudden passing on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:06:27 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 12:38:27 PM »
Sending a big hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:50:23 PM »
I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your Dad,  and your right of course 67 is not a big age these days, having said that my wife was only 66yrs.   The fact your Dad appeared healthy too leaves one asking questions,  but of course we can go at any age,  having lost your Mum and now your Dad you will find it tough,  your grief will feel unbearable at times, and you will keep asking yourself.. WHY.. and can how life can be so cruel.
I'm 71, and if it's any consolation, which I doubt it is right now, going peacefully in my sleep is how I'd like to go...as indeed most of us would I'd imagine when it's our time.  I lost my Dad who was my best mate some years ago, and I still miss him, and indeed still shed tears...mainly when I play back old family camcorder recordings.   I lost my wife after nearly 49yrs of marriage in April,  so I'm grieving very much for her right now,  there is nothing worse than losing a close loved one....but you are not alone,  you are among friends on here.

I wish there were some words I could share with you to lift the pain your are feeling right now,  sadly there are none,  other than to assure you, all of us here have lost a close loved one, and we understand, and know how you feel,  grief affects each of us differently,  some recover quickly, while for others it can go on for years, and I'm sure for some we never stop grieving.   All you can do is to take it one day at a time...posting here is a start as sometimes it helps to let it out...
  You take care of yourself....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:11:07 PM by Brian71 »

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »
So sorry to read this, especially after your Mum too. Glad you have found us X

Offline BT

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 03:47:54 PM »
 :hug: so sorry to hear of your loss

Offline Heartbroken42

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 06:30:11 PM »
Thank you kind words mean lots. We are numb and still grieving for my mum. We heard today the post Mortem showed he died of bronchial pneumonia which is odd as he played golf that day and didn't appear Ill only tired. Just feel so devastated and miss him so much and can't imagine doing normal things like work (I'm due back Thursday after summer holidays -I'm a teacher) I just want to cry. 😰

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 11:02:34 PM »
So sorry to hear of the loss of your father especially so soon after the loss of your mother.

Wishing you strength