Author Topic: Planning funeral  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Didi63

Planning funeral
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »
Well today my brother and I went to plan funeral. It's going to be very low key and whilst the cheapest, I'm taking the service as dad wasn't religious. Brother and I don't want to sit with a stranger who writes all dads likes and so on...
Music has already been chosen.
We shall be going into the crematorium small chapel to 'Bring me sunshine,' by Morcambe and Wise.
I shall be saying something, (yet to plan what) and then 'Always look on the bright side of life' shall be played.
We shall be going out to 'My way,' sang by Frank Sinatra.
I read at my mums and also my grandsons funerals and so glad I did. Both had huge turnout of people and families.
Dads funeral shall be a much smaller one.
Brother has found out that dads insurance lapsed and so only a couple hundred pounds is going to be paid :cray: so trying to get help from DWP. It's a total nightmare.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Planning funeral
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:45:56 PM »
 :hug:I don't think the price is relevant,or the numbers,but the personal tribute and love  is everything.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Planning funeral
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:32:07 PM »
If I remember tightly there is a government bereavement helpline that can you apply for assistance over the phone. They will assist toward the cost of a funeral but not if there is a close relative who is working.

*Update* I looked up the number it is the bereavement service on 0345 606 0265
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:37:57 PM by Hubby »