Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2404 times)

Offline KirstyM1976

Hello
« on: July 12, 2016, 08:00:19 PM »
I lost my beloved mother in September 2014. At times it seems like yesterday but mostly now it seems forever ago. She had just celebrated her 80th birthday but was so young at heart. I was only 38 with 2 young boys. I feel so cheated as I have to go through milestone without her by my side as we did everything together and my boys have been cheated out of the most loving grandmother. I feel angry and sad and don't go a day without crying. I don't know if it's normal or if I will ever feel any different. I am new to this and I just feel like talking will help xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »
Welcome Kirsty sending you a big (((hug)))

:hug:

All the emotions we feel when we lose someone who was very close and a major part of our lives is normal Kirsty,  22 months is still early days for you, and because you have a young family you are constantly being reminded of your loss,  youre wanting to share the joy you get from your boys with your beloved mum, it will get easier hun i promise xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 10:40:51 PM »
Hi Kirsty and welcome to the forum.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing someone who has been there for us for a long time, even all of our lives in some cases, is always going to leave a massive void that cannot be filled. Significant family events will heighten our sense of loss. It must be very difficult with your youngsters milestones constantly reminding you.

Wishing you strength.

Offline KirstyM1976

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 07:44:34 AM »
Thank you for your thoughts.  It seems easier somehow when I offload. Having read quite a few posts and seen the replies it's very heartwarming to see we can support each other in lots of various ways. I will continue to post and hopefully help others on this very difficult journey x

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:27:25 AM »
Thats the beauty of this forum Kirsty we all know how it feels to lose someone very close to us, and we can support each other, as we are all at different stages of grief, keep posting hun xx

Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐