General Category > General Discussion

Housework info needed

(1/3) > >>

Hubby:
OK This is a bit embarrasing but Margaret did everything around the house and I am now a bit in st the deep end.

I have a problem with a stinky sink. When I let water down it a nasty niff comes out of the overflow hole. It's never happened before.  :embarrassed:

Should I be pouring some kind of product down the sinkhole and overflow hole to stop this happening?

Norma:
Hi Hubby, oh dear a smelly sink, think we have all had them in our time, you could try some expensive drain cleaner products, but for me simple bleach normally clears the smells, you could check your outside grate that its not blocked by leaves and stuff though, good luck  xx

:hearts:

Emz2014:
 I'm with norma, try some normal, plain bleach down the plughole and leave for a bit before 'flushing' with water, if that doesn't clear it try a sink drain cleaner.
I had a smelly kitchen sink before and my dad found that some food debris had accumulated on the grate outside :-o thankfully he had a cast iron stomach and helped me clean it.  I would have been rubbish!! Xx

rajahh:
I use drain clear, or buster for bathroom and kitchen, I do it about once a month.  There will be products on the shelves at supermarkets I in the cleaning section.

Hubby:
I've just this minute blasted all the holes with bleach so it gets a chance to work overnight.  :azn:

I'll let you know if it works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version