Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 161095 times)

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2017, 05:42:01 PM »
Wonder how the dog will feel about being hoovered. :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2017, 08:16:54 PM »
That's a fab photo Julie!

How's everyone's day been?  We successfully completed another work week! Kettles on, everyone grab a biccie  :coffeetoast: :-) xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2017, 07:55:44 PM »
Been busy in the house,furniture moved but all drawers etc in a pile ready to be sorted through.samples of vinyl / laminate arrived for the kitchen,think I have decided on design but now to decide vinyl or laminate.I have fitted vinyl in the past but this would be a huge piece to handle and needs 35 cm cutting off all the way down the length.Typically smaller width is too small and there is no where to hide a join thats not a heavy wear area.
laminate is more manageable size but not sure how to cut and fit the edges,So sat on sofa with a hot water bottle to ease my aching back watching new BBC talent programme and prevaricating.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #228 on: January 12, 2017, 10:48:36 PM »
I think they fit the laminate a bit rough to allow for expansion and hide the edges with a lengths of beading.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »
Yes I think you're right.
My garden now looks like my house piles of debris everywhere after the wind the other night.I,m thinking of entering the lot into a London art exhibition and calling the piece " reflections of my life" If Tracy Emin can do it so can I.  :rofl:
Nice dusting of snow covering it now so apart from rescuing the bird feeders that's how it will stay for now while I focus on the inside.My grandson rang and asked if I had any earthquake aftermath photos for a school project,I was very tempted to take one. :rofl:
But anyway its Friday night treat night so I have a satay and chilli stirfry, bar of fruit,some logs for the fire and a choice of green tea health drink or G& T cans to drink from,everything else can wait until tomorow.

PS G&T threw itself out of the cupboard so that's settled then. :whistle:.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2017, 06:42:29 PM »
Well new year project for me was to have a go at dressmaking  again, after at least 30 years, started by finding out the old machine, stripping it down and giving it a good overhaul, great 1st job done.

Next job buy a pattern and material, easier said than done, had to scour sheffield to find a shop that sold patterns, but success eventually, picked an easy pattern that said can be made up in 2 hours, brilliant how many sundresses do i need for my holiday lol.

But what the pattern didnt say is you need a masters degree in sorting out the pattern, been studying it for 2 days now, phew i give up.

:coffeetoast:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2017, 06:56:06 PM »
Patterns do seem to be written in a different language! I think I'm finally getting to grips with mine. Haven't taken it out of the packet yet though, and still need to find some material! Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2017, 08:24:07 PM »
Both very brave.My one and only attempt to make a dress with a pattern was in the dreaded school needlework class (dreaded because if you made a mistake the old bat held it up in front of the whole class and took the Micky )
I did manage a couple of sundresses in later life Sheering elastic and straps. :rofl:
Meanwhile in the skills world I am revamping an old cabinet.I stripped it in summer then got disillusioned the wood underneath years of cak was awful, so now its going to be repainted and on trend.Primed it yesterday or most of it but I can't find the shelves.Love it when a plan comes together ....not.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2017, 10:32:22 PM »
There used to be a program on telly about someone who did stuff up like that. She would hang around s tip and take things off people who were dumping it. Then she'd go off and give it to some people she knew along with hundreds of quids to fettle it and than take it off to a gallery in London and flog it for ridiculous amounts of money before taking the profit to the person who was dumping the stuff in the first place.

It was so contrived I found it hilarious.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2017, 09:34:08 PM »
Hope you find your shelves Karena! :-)

So, i feel its time for some TV chat - is anyone here watching the latest Sherlock series?  xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Didi63

« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2017, 10:44:02 AM »
No I'm not into Sherlock. It's just the usual Corrie, Emmerdale. I do love a good Catherine Cookson on Sunday's.
Super vet is brilliant, as are all the animal programmes.
Also been watching 'Still open all hours,' love all the old classics. Suppose it depends on what mood I'm in  :laugh: . Big ships is one of my many favourites.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2017, 02:05:55 PM »
No didn't watch Sherlock but feel I may have missed out on something good there. I enjoy the dancing programmes, animal programmes, Eastenders etc. Can't concentrate on anything heavy or complicated- got to be light and fluffy for me at the moment, entertainment wise.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »
Oh I do like Open all hours, havent seen Still open all hours yet.  There's something comforting in some of the old programmes/sitcoms :-)

What's everyones favourite old tv shows?  I had a soft spot for only fools and horses xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #238 on: January 18, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »
I watched sherlock but missed the first one.The last one however had me literally sitting on the edge of my seat.
You do wonder though what sort of mind you must have to dream up that scenario. :rofl:

Also liked fools and horses,but the problem with a lot of sitcoms is they are so dated so not always as funny because they are out of context in the modern world.However An fab, vicar of dibley and if were going really old the good life and citizen smith.

Sunday nights should be lighter though really downtown,poldark,type stuff.
I do follow the. Soaps now but in the early days dropped them as the storylines can be too close to home,

My favourite though is wildlife documentary's.especially African ones.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2017, 07:15:23 PM »
I liked The Good Life too, and Fawlty Towers.