Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 179693 times)

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2016, 10:16:49 PM »
Sending a hug Julie  :hug:   glad you enjoyed the Trolls, music is sneeky like that isnt it, really catches us off guard. At least cinemas are dark! I find music really powerful, I have several playlists on my mp3 based on moods, so different songs for if I'm sad, tired, happy etc

My weeks been a bit stressful, so am glad its the weekend. Have plans to keep myself busy planning the cake I'm making for my nieces birthday for next weekend.  Will do a trial cake this weekend for practice xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2016, 06:48:57 PM »
Slightly unusual day today,I want to include some proper autumn leaves on my costume,so collected leaves and have been trying to fix them with hairspray and PVA,to see which if either works hoping its the hairspray as its quicker,but either is fiddly.
Tonight I will mostly be sewing,but waiting for the fireworks to finish.I used to stay in for the dog but I am as jittery as he was with them,I,already stuck a screwdriver into my hand as a result of a loud bang. :rofl:

Offline Niftysixty7

• New Members
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2016, 10:33:22 AM »

Really down, had a duvet day yesterday, can't see a reason for this life, why bother, no joy, can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for anything, feed up with apologising to people when they ask how I am and I dont feel any better, if I'm honest I feel worse than when he died, l want some peace in my soul, l know and accept tat this is it, but I hate it. Think it's easier to draw the blinds and sit, it's 10.30 OK what shall l do now. Everyone else is living their lives is it too much to want mine back. The only "good" thing about being a widow is l shall NEVER go through it again. Reading this it's so wallowy? But that's just how l feel. This is not a life it's an existence to what end?

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2016, 07:03:15 PM »
Sorry to hear how low you are feeling Niftysixty7,    but I do know exactly how you feel as I still have those sort of days too.
The reality of existing after they are gone of course is totally something else,  I know only too well how depressingly low some days can be,  but we have to try and carry on the best we can, and I know it's not easy...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 12:10:50 PM by Brian71 »

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2016, 07:07:44 PM »
Hello Nifty- how long ago did you lose your someone? What you are describing is so familiar to us all X

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2016, 08:58:05 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear you are having a bad time st present nifty

:hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2016, 09:15:28 PM »
What a mixed day  :undecided: 

How do we reconcile work and our minds?!?.  bad few days at work xx
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:16:17 PM by Emz2014 »
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2016, 12:52:11 AM »
That's the nature of the beast emz. Managers constantly want more for less. It makes them look good.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2016, 09:45:42 PM »
It makes them think they look good most of the time it actually makes them look desperate to validate their positions,and a lot of the time theyre frightened we are better at the job than them so putting us down is their defence.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2016, 06:34:40 AM »
Oh marvelous, have woken extra early with a streaming cold. Now look like rudolph with a streaming nose and a dry cough which doesn't seem to be achieving much :-( what timing!

I was already off for several days twice in Nov with a cold (tried to go back too soon and fell ill again), so going to work from home. Feel awkward calling in sick again so soon :-(  work does not suit being human does it!

How is everyone else getting on? Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2016, 04:31:12 PM »
Oh dear just what you don't need Em, is your medicine box stocked! It's good you can work from home though because it is embarrassing to have to keep taking time off isn't it? :coffeetoast:

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2016, 04:06:03 PM »
Well I've treated myself to a bottle of port and some chocolates. Alan used to love to buy me port and it's only something I drink at Christmas.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #192 on: December 21, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »
Ooo i like port. I'll have to get some in soon. 
I like port or red wine along with some chocolate - maltesers go really well with red wine :-)
My nose has stopped streaming, but bunged up now.  Went to the cinema to see Fantastic beasts and where to find them, was really good apart from a couple of coughing fits i couldnt suppress :-o. Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2016, 08:17:18 PM »
Quick call in from stormy Jo'burg.Hope your cold is better Emz.
For those of you struggling with Xmas,I send big hugs,it will soon be over.

Xmas here is very different and not just because of the weather,but very low key,which is a good thing as it would be obscene for it to be otherwise,when the supermarket car park guards are asking customers not for tips but bags of mealie maize to feed their famillys things arnt good,last years drought has upped the price of even this basic staple to an alarming premium.

My wilderness trip consisted mainly of huge thunderstorms,terror of heights,sore feet,Mozzie bites,and an a fall into a stream that made me look embarrassingly like a rigged sheep.Thankfully if there were snakes I was too knackered to see them.We didn't see a leopard but there was one around which was a bit scary if one needed a nighttime ablution.suffice to say pride went out the window,that wonderful long drop toilet was a good walk away through the trees,I decided a closer to shelter bush was preferable.On the last night everyone abandoned tents and moved into the hut as the thunderstorm was too much even for the hardy.Definitely not a sunbeds and pool type holiday,and I was by far the eldest person there.Speaking of pools though,our natural bath/shower was pretty lush if a little chilly.

Hope everyone has as decent Xmas as possible.will be sending virtual hugs on the day,and will be  back in 2017.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2016, 09:55:12 PM »
Im at the congested stage, continually blow my nose and still bunged up. Quite tiring so I'll be off to bed soon.  But i did manage a nice afternoon with my mum, after morning at work we went to the book barn (huge place with lovely cafe and hundreds of books for £1 each), took flowers to my nan & gramps grave which is in a pretty little churchyard in the middle of a field.  Then we had a nice lunch at a local pub

Sending hugs to everyone too

Take care karena and have a lovely time xx
Hold on in there xx