Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 179677 times)

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2016, 07:46:22 AM »
Good morning peeps its 7.20 on a lovely sunny sunday morning here in Sheffield, i hope it lasts, Alfie is certainly keeping me active, hes very playful, but does my head in at times, like last night dont know what but something was unsettling him, he was trying to sit on my shoulders and get behind my head lol, this being a heavyweight springer lol. I know he doesnt like thunder or fireworks but i couldn't hear either, he wouldnt go out for his last toilet stop, just stood at the door quivering, maybe some experienced dog owners on here can advice me, anyway not long now, i had my sewing machine out yesterday, made a few alterations to holiday clothes, quite enjoyed it, I used to make some of my own clothes when i was a lot younger, but only use it now for alterations me being a tad on the small side lol. 
I hope its not raining for you Emz, not good having to spend our weekends indoors,  but youreca very resourceful young lady and im sure youll find something very interesting to do.
Are  you still holding out on the fostering Karena, mmmmm i bet youre finding it hard to resist, i hope you can make Leeds Karena itll be good to have a catch up.
Hi Julie lovely to have another member join in with this general everyday chat. Oh dear very popular lady with granddaughter not so popular with your daughter lol, but you always knew the fishtank would be needed again lol.
I see youre in yorkshire Julie would you consider meeting up in Leeds for the day  ?
It really is worth it.

Right time for mine and Alfies breakfast,    :coffeetoast:

Have a nice day everyone  xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2016, 09:38:04 AM »
Hi Norma  :hug:
Sounds like something spooked Alfie. Raz has done that on occasions,  sometimes he's been asleep on his chair or his upstairs bed, then he's woken up and run full speed to sit on my lap for a cuddle, and theres been some occasions he's decided he's scared of his bed and totally refuses to go back in it. (I can only guess a moth or something has spooked him when he's been asleep)   
Only solution I've found is cuddles and let him sleep in a different location.  Dogs are funny aren't they!  And I'm 100% sure they think they are little chihuahuas and don't see the issue of a 30kg dog pretending to be a parrot!! Lol  :rofl:

So far have sunny blue skies outside! I best get some ideas going before it runs away!!

What are you all up to? Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2016, 06:20:12 PM »
I see youre in yorkshire Julie would you consider meeting up in Leeds for the day  ?
It really is worth it.

It's not something I feel up to tackling yet Norma- but it's not till October is it so who knows!  Your dogs sound such fun - was having a bad day and then my sister invited me for tea so that made all the difference. Going out somewhere with her tomorrow too. Managed to clean out the budgie cage, she's moulting at the moment and I know they say if you see a white feather then you've been visited by an angel but I don't think my hubby has quite worked it out yet- I got up to what looked like a massacre in the bird cage, floor covered in downy white feathers!

Offline Thoughtful

« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2016, 03:49:20 PM »
Hi Dave and all,

I've been away for a while and tried to login with my old details from the old forum , but couldn't so here I am, sort of starting over.

I lost my daughter, Evelyn, nearly ten years ago now. For many years your forum was a great help and here I am, approaching the tenth anniversary and feeling the need to touch base again.

Thanks for being here ... although I am a little lower than usual, BUK has helped me though so much and it is good to be dipping in again. Always so sad to learn of new losses, but heart warming to know that there is such a great deal of kindness and empathy out there,

Janice

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »
Welcome back Janice, sorry youre feeling low, dont think grief ever leaves us completely xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2016, 08:48:52 PM »
Welcome back Janice  :hug: sorry you are feeling low just now but not suprising.I think there will always be times like that no matter how long ago we lost loved ones.

Janice October is some time away and you will know us better by then too through being here.

Norma springers are bonkers  :rofl: but dogs can hear a lot more than us so it could have been thunder or fireworks some distance away.I,m still holding out ....just,but latest fosterdog has been adopted by my daughter afte pleading by eldest grandson and his suposed to be forever family changed their minds about having him.He is an 8 month old whippet I keep wanting to call him Rudolph,realised today its because he looks like Santa's little helper off the Simpsons.

My weekend away turned into a bit of a nightmare van wise,
I,m sure it was divine intervention the airscoop came off when I arrived at the site which was one of Keith's favourites if it hadn't I wouldn't have seen the rust or that the radiator which rests on it had dropped,lucky there were friends to help out there. So we managed to cable tie it on.what convinces me even more was On the way home I was really stressing out having to drive really slowly and stopping at every layby.After the first few miles there was a smell I couldn't place thought it might be coolant spewing out but no sign of it when I stopped.Then my grandson who was with me realised it was an old dolphin air freshner .one that Keith bought and hadn't had any scent for years but I couldn't bring myself to part with that had suddenly magically decided to work again.
What shocked me was it passed MOT 4  days earlier ,you imagine it makes them safe but rust through was under the air scoop and they don't have to look under things.So now got to track down a new one and find someone who can weld it on and re bleed the whole system. :rolleyes:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2016, 10:15:19 PM »
How is everyone today?
I was feeling down this afternoon so when I got home I was wondering what to do about it. Took my dog in the garden, spent time trimming the dead rose heads, topped up the bird peanuts, cleaned the birdbath then sat in the garden in the sun blowing bubbles (had a pot of bubbles in the hallway cupboard), spending time in the sun, under the blue sky and then watching the bubbles - seeing the sun bouncing off them, colours shining and seeing how high they floated really cheered me up.  Proves to me that nature does help.  Maybe worth a try now and again when down  :hearts: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2016, 11:41:32 AM »
Hi everyone
How are you all today?
Kettles on, coffee brewing. Who has the biscuits?  :coffeetoast:
Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »
Hi emz
Been feeling generally low for about three weeks, different from the emotional waves of before. Just started on natural  anti depressant St Johns wort because of it.
  Luckily now the Olympics are on, George and myself were keen cyclists(I'm trying to keep it up) so obviously the cycling is top of the tv watching list. It's cheering me up no end, the British team men and women doing SO well. Looking forward to tonight with an all British sprint final, and then Cavendish in the omnium.
Mo Farah winning the 10,000 metre was a real bonus.
So that's me, glued to the box

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2016, 06:43:34 PM »
Well I've really rocked it today- I've changed the bedding, washed the old ones. Sorted some stuff out, hoovered up after the budgie for the 3rd time today, made poached eggs on toast for my tea, had a shower so here I am!

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2016, 08:12:33 PM »
Sending a hug Rosaleen  :hug:  glad the Olympics are helping
Mmm poached eggs, I had some of those for breakfast :-)
Ive had a good tidy round, had a bath, now time to watch a film xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2016, 08:29:19 PM »
Well done Julie poached eggs are yummy.I had beans on toast for my tea.I,m stranded with no vehicle at the moment and the local spa is very sparese so I,m using the opportunity to use up what's kicking round.

Rosaleen I wish I liked sport I,m having to put up with adverts to avoid the Olympics at one point last night they were on three BBC channels.Not sure how many old episodes of midsummer murders I,he got through but it feels like a lot I think I,he already seen the one that's on just now.Just flicked through and found the second hobbit film not yet seen,so that's my night sorted.. :rofl:

Spent the day re rebuilding my pond its deeper now so hopefully less algae prone.It involved removing and replacing all the edge stones with replacing being done from in the water.Had a tete a tete with a frog who was not happy at being disturbed initially but got more curious as the day went on.He has been hiding out under a stone for weeks so now I,be built him a des red cave overlooking the pond but safe from predators and snug in winter.Literally lined with mud straw and leaves. I,m not mad honest. :rolleyes: :whistle:

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2016, 09:25:41 AM »
Hi Karena,
 sorry to hear  you're  not into sports. As I said or tried to say the cycling helped to distract me. More importantly it  also became a good focal point for me to talk with George, conversations,  jokes and comments about different riders and their performances, something we always did when he was alive.
I read one of your posts from a longish while ago (on the old site?) how you still talk to your husband every day, five years after he passed away. That post really helped me take on a new perspective and gradually led me to talking with George every day. So thanks. I really appreciate it.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2016, 06:52:04 PM »
Hello everyone

How has your week been?  Xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2016, 06:55:01 PM »
Upsy Downy for me Emz, quite low at times but felt capable of pulling myself up a bit at times. Went to see The Trolls yesterday, enjoyed it for it's simplicity and happiness till they played a certain tune and I had tears rolling down my face! I bet I was the only person crying at the Trolls!
Signed my will today so I can cross that off the list- phew!
Hope you had some good times?