Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 158730 times)

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2016, 07:02:19 PM »
Truly gutted to learn the legend Prince has died.  Gutted. So many years of memories associated with his music.  Sad times, so many legends lost in a short timescale :-( :-( xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2016, 08:59:13 PM »
No hadn't heard that.This really is turning into a bad few months in the entertainment world,although being older I was more into Bowie's music than prince although prince was very talented too.

Plot isn't complete .all I can tell you is it might involve travel.

Meanwhile pond liner arrived and today was the last dry day forecast for a while and it needs rainwater in the pond so I spent this evening laying it.5x4 metres of pond liner in the wind on your own is fun.But I managed it and its now weighted down with stones and temporary fencing shoved up,because I know if it isn't full of water Ben will leave me a present in there,and it won't be the kind of present you want to find among your waterlillies.  :rofl:

Tonight  there is a bonfire up the hill for queens birthday,there is a tradition round here of lighting the old beacons when there is stuff like this,but I would be stuck looking at the beacon from the village I should be in  but had to leave and of course I should have been standing at that beacon with Keith,which makes me sad so I,m playing ostrich.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2016, 11:13:00 PM »
Sending a hug karena  :hug: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2016, 10:20:15 AM »
Ohhhh Karena the plot is getting very intriguing, i cant wait for the next episode eeks, ive got fingers and toes crossed here in anticipation lol. Good luck with the pond.

So dissapointed yesterday the owls have gone, and all that square isblocked off. Dont know what improvements are being made but certainly need to go back when the work and s completed, its not even a year ago yet that we were there but so much regeneration work has already taken place.

Lovely to hear from you Sparky but sorry to hear youve been having a rough time, Bristol is promising to be a really good meet up though.

Its Friday Emz so what lovely stuff you got planned for this weekend ??

Im going to Sheffield City Hall  tomorrow night, Roy Orbison 80th birthday tribute concert, rare outing with brother and sister in law.

Sunday ill be packing my 5p Asda carrier bag of clothes for 5 days in Llandudno, im taking 17 oldies from the lunch club for a holiday, whoops sorry i keep forgetting im an oldie as well. Ive already had to juggle coach seating around to split some of them up lol. Oh dear what have i let myself in for. Xx

:rofl: :wchair: :yahoo:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2016, 12:09:11 PM »
 :rofl: sounds more like a school trip Norma.
You arnt an oldie, youre way too young at heart to describe yourself that way.
My mind was blank yesterday when you said owls -now i get it - (wake up ) I got the impression they were part of a temporary exhibition there will probably be a new theme later in the year,thinking about it part of it was a section of the councils chelsea show garden entry, so maybe after thats over.

Now thats an event i would like to go too, bet their pond building skills are much better honed than mine though. :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2016, 08:50:14 PM »
You're not an oldie norma  :hearts:
Ive had a lovely day. Morning in the office, had a nice chat with a colleague and this afternoon my friend and I had the afternoon off to go and visit another friend who has recently had her baby.  Lots of cwtches, yummy food (which we took over with us) and chat.  A good afternoon
Have just had pizza and time to chill now.  Hellllloooo weekend and freedom! :-)

Sending hugs to all  :hug: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
Have had an interesting insight today.  Been feeling on edge, a low level anxiety. Could not shake the unsettled feeling but couldn't put my finger on it either.  Came to around dinner time and suddenly realised how hungry I was. As I was eating dinner I felt myself relaxing.   Realised that I haven't eaten regularly today, meals where all over the place, so think it was down to lack of regular food.   Perhaps a little reminder that eating regularly /healthily helps alot of things. 
Next time I'm anxious I'll have a think to the last time I ate and  if it's been a while try a healthy snack

Dinner was great, grilled monkfish with garlic, lemon and herbs with chips :-) xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2016, 10:53:49 PM »
Yummy I envy your dinner nothing so lush for me,I had lentil soup wasn't even home made so tasted pretty indifferent.
Started off the day a bit of an emotional wreck one of those blip days, we have the radio on in the office and it seemed every song was specially selected to make me feel like crying.This afternoon i couldnt get up enthsiasm for anything i had pretty much decided just to shut the door and spend the entire weekend under a duvet,but cheered up a bit when I got home and found a box of plants in the porch.forgotten I ordered them as it was a while ago so  a surprise.(or was it divine intervention)
So anyway I have a rush,a grass some phlox. and a new variety of a red lupin currently sitting in the washing up bowl getting a good soak,and this means I have to go to a garden centre tomorrow because I need a pond basket and aquatic compost for the rush,and while I,m there I might have to buy my tomato and cucumber plants as its too late to grow them from seed.
Not that they will be going outside yet can't believe how much snow there was this morning. :rolleyes:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2016, 08:33:17 AM »
Big hugs karena  :hug:  :hug: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
Thanks Emz I have decided I,m going to look for a special anniversary plant today too and tomorrow I will plant it regardless of the weather.plus I,m going to prep a decent meal and buy a mini bottle of  wine chocolates and bubble bath to indulge in afterwards.No work Monday so no worries about the wine.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2016, 08:58:30 AM »
That sounds like a really good plan  :hug: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2016, 06:38:06 PM »
Oops might have gone Ott withe the indulging couldn't decide between a tin of g&t and tin of black current Pimms so bought both. :rofl:
Might have bought too much chocolate too (if there is such a thing) but I have shifted 8 paving slabs two sacks of gravel plus 2 compost so I guess I earned some calories back.did I mention the cream meruinge . hmm thought not oops.So tomorrow I,m going to finish the pond edges,and do the planting.

What has everyone else been up too.

Offline Jude M

« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2016, 11:32:24 PM »
Can I throw in that now instead of going to the local park to use the outdoor gym, I have brought myself a cross trainer.
The joys of watching a film on the laptop and  working out in comfort   :laugh:
I get up, go to work and survive another day .

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2016, 11:15:29 PM »
Well done Jude although for me fresh air is the motive for exercise,
Not that I will be doing any of that for a few days.Lifting gravel it turns out wasn't the best idea in the world.seem to have done some damage as I can barely walk and am on a codeine and ibuprofen diet.both cans of alcohol are in the cupboard :embarrassed:

The two littlys are on their first holiday .they're on the east coast nowhere exotic but I got a lovely phone call tonight.keian finally got to see a beach and was so excited he has been obsessing about going beach for a long time,I,m really glad he isn't disappointed,and Paul said granma for the first time,so I,m chuffed too.its the little things that keep me going. :coffeetoast:

Hope everyone else had a decent bank holiday. :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2016, 08:08:13 PM »
I used to use my stepper whilst watching tv, keep forgetting to do it now though.  Need to get back into a routine again

I had a lovely bank holiday, had a few days down in Brixham, was a bit cold at the end of last week but in the main we were lucky and it did warm up. Went to an otter sanctuary and caught feeding time so managed to get some great photos. Great break but am also always pleased to get back to my own bed!

Today was beautiful weather, even managed to wear a summery dress. On leave all week so went out and about, did lots of walking, felt good to be outdoors but am acheing a bit from all the walking now though :-) xx
Hold on in there xx