Author Topic: Worst Days  (Read 3587 times)

Offline mike59

Worst Days
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:21:34 AM »
We have all been there with our Daily/Hourly Depressed Feelings,After Loosing Gail My Lovely Wife to Cancer After Febuary 28th 2016,Life hasnt been the same and never will be,Getting heaps of Advice Telling us do this and That To be honest I know people family and friends mean well but somtimes you dont want to hear it,anyways I have 3 wonderful Adult supportive Children whom I Love with Passion, I live with one son who on Wednesday went to go meet an Internet Friend(Female) in America im really missing him already and my greif has got Unbearable, the 2 other Children are trying to help me While he is away,I havent stopped Crying since I took my son to the Airport only Putting on a brave face for my Children,Missing my Wife more than Ever now, sorry for the rant but im at my Lowest.4

Offline colin

Re: Worst Days
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:48:47 AM »
Hi Mike, I know what you are going through,I lost my darling Pat on the 9th april after a struggle to beat cancer,which eventually spread to the brain,she had terrible treatment at the Q.M.C.we brought her back home for what turned out to be her last few days.The heart ache and grief is never ending ,I keep blaming myself for not doing enough for her and broke my promise that I would look after her and nothing would take her away from me,how wrong I was.One of my so called friends who lost his wife wife rang a few days ago and all he could say was you now know what I've been going through,this statement absolutly ripped my heart out,what a friend,NOT ANYMORE.Like you I cry daily and the pain and sadness you feel no words seem to help with the loss of your soulmate and lifetime love.Trying to get through with life but feel lost and hurt.Thanks to this forum we can all share our grief and feelings with each other and one day smile again.Keep your chin up and remember you have everyones support.
                                                     Best Wishes.
                                                      Colin. :hug:

Offline rajahh

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »
Mike, you have worries about your son , you previously posted this , and now the house is empty you do not have the one person who you would normally share these worries with. This is when it really hits home and the loss once again overwhelms you.

All I can suggest to you is that you sit with a photo of Gail in your hand and just talk to her. Tell her your worries, tell her you miss her , and as you know Gail so well you should be able to hear her  replies to you.

You know how she would think, how she would deal with the anxieties. Gail's love is always available to you although not physically it is there inside  you.

Offline mike59

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 12:57:07 PM »
Thankyou for your Lovely Welcome Replies, as for the Picture ive put Pictures all over the House so she is with me Always wherever I go,and yes Colin you Are right this Site and some people here have been Wonderful Support,Until I have Proper Personal Talks chats to a Professional I dont think I can Move forwards.Im Really Struggling and Finding Life Impossible at the Moment.

:hearts:

Offline Soleil

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 05:36:52 PM »
Hi Mike,

It's hard to give and find words of comfort sometimes when someone is so deep in grief as you are but I agree with rajahh, talk to your wife through all you feel. She was your companion here but also try and listen to what she may say back to you. It's surprising in those quiet moments how we can find 'their' words.  I know your son has gone but it may only be temporarily so you will find a little foundation on your own while he is gone. Sometimes I think we are tested to know what our limits are but we are always stronger than we think.

Sending hugs and best wishes   :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 07:13:06 PM »
Hi mike.

How you are feeling about being alone in the house sounds just like I was when my daughter went on holiday. We think it's going to be OK but the quietness and emptiness of the house is overwhelming.

It's not a good feeling but you can turn it to your advantage by using the opportunity to let some of the emotions out without fear of being seen. I know I did a lot of wailing and felt better afterwards.

Take care

Offline Spaicer

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 10:37:55 PM »
Hi Mike
Sorry that you are feeling at such a low ebb, I hope you can get some rest and as the others have said talk to Gail as she is in your heart even though she's not physically with you.
I too have 3 grown up children but they all live with me, the youngest 2 are autistic and my eldest is going away on Saturday for a month on a course for work, I will miss him terribly as its nice to have another adult to talk to!  I have been very tearful of late too, I lost Terry on January 12th but we only laid his ashes to rest last weekend, it hit me very hard, it was like having 2 funerals.  I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm dreading any questions relating to my home situation, don't want to cry in an interview.
Keep posting on here as however low we feel its good to speak with people who understand without judging