Author Topic: is it me or What  (Read 4348 times)

Offline mike59

is it me or What
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:29:22 AM »
I am Lucky to Have had the Most Wonderful Childhood 2 Wonderful Parents and A Lovely sister all of who are Adopted  so yes I and My Sister Arte Adopted, as I said My Childhood was Brilliant Looking back It was magical. My parents really Loved us and we were treated with utmost respect and it went both ways we were a very close Untit or family and still are only my Mother passed some years ago,My Father is 95 years of age and doing very well in Truth he is Fitter than I. Im coing to my point  I went to see him Saturday morning on my ussual Visit to him, on arrival at his Flat I met my Aunt with 3 younger children about 14 15 years of age nice children and very polite as I thought. on leaving my father I have Always Kissed him when me great eachotjer and when we depart, well what happend next made me so Cross :cray: the youngsters all laughed and I heard the boy say somthing but the Word gay was Louder Said. I turned to them and said that was A mark of respect by me and Dissrespect from them My aunt was very Embarressed, now im a fairly moderen thinker I act young fpr my age and have all the modern day appliances But that wasnt good , that night i got a loose apology via Telephone by 3 young Adults Giggling in the background what have things come too is it me or what ?

Hope you all are Having Good Days    :hug:

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: is it me or What
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »
That wasnt a very nice remark Mike was it, no i dont think its you, respect is something that a lot of
Kids dont know the meaning of, not all of them though, but i also think it is learnt behaviour, x
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 08:47:42 PM »
Not respectful at all.  Both my boys greet all our family with hugs and kisses.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  Penny x

Offline zebedee

• Always on my mind. x
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 03:48:20 PM »
Obviously very immature teens :(

hugs x
I used to be his angel..and now he's mine.
Your wings were ready, but my heart was not.
Miss you Dad xxx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 07:21:30 PM »
You two are very mature though Penny. :hug:
Truth is not everyone is brought up like that and fathers hugging and kissing sons is a taboo.I have noticed this with my ex son in law.the eldest son is 11 and doesn't have a problem kissing his mum,or me but his dad only ever  allows a "man hug" The word gay has different context now too I,he heard a gay man tell his partner some wallpaper was too gay and lads say it too their mates but without malice like in our generation .So could be the lad wasn't aware it might be disrespectful to say it especially if they're normally. Polite kids.

I got chucked out of girl guides for saying a word which as I was brought up around farms was perfectly normal language to refer to cow droppings but having moved to a town I had no idea was considered a swear word there.Its probably a similar thing of a word having different context to different people.

Offline Mandy

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 08:41:54 PM »
No, definitely not you Mike - their problem, not yours.
Mandy

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 11:40:15 PM »
Oh I'm so glad that times are changing!!!

My generation didn't cry. They didn't hug. They certainly didn't kiss.

I have (eventuallY) been able to cry. My grandsons 25 yrs, 22 yrs and 11 yrs all give me a hug and I love it. None of them mind if I give them a kiss (on the cheek) because I love them!!!

There's still a bit of the old style left in me reserved for anyone who wants to call me names  :evil:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~