General Category > General Discussion

insomnia

(1/2) > >>

sovague:
Anyone else suffering from insomnia ? I am usually asleep by ten o'clock but waking up two or three hours later and can't get back to sleep. My mind starts going like a washing machine. I don't feel tired during the day but wonder if anyone knows of a way to stop the brain going on the rampage in the middle of the night.

Norma:
Insomnia seems to be a normal bereavement curse im afraid, people have given lots of ideas, which tend to work for them, i hope you can find a natural process to help you. Xx

:hug:

Emz2014:
That's hard when your mind starts like a washing machine.  I've had that during the day before and it seemed relentless. My mum gave me some Bach flower remedy, white chestnut. I didn't think it would do anything, but was amazed when my mind did settle down and I could think straight.  So if it's the relentless thoughts that won't stop, could try that

Or try doing something to occupy your mind rather than worrying, reading or colouring in (adult colouring in is a form of mindfulness, and you can get all sorts of books - I even saw a star wars one the other day!)

And there's other tips in a sleep tips post xx

longedge:
Hi Sovague - I find that listening to an audio book when I get into bed concentrates my mind first of all to stop it churning everything over and then I fall asleep. I have my iPhone on charge on my bedside table and the app that I use "OneClickDigital" allows me to connect to my local library and download ebooks free of charge. It has a sleep timer and I always set it for about 30 minutes but I very rarely hear it switch off. If I do I just put it on for another 30 mins. Not everybodies 'cup of tea' but it works for me.

sovague:
Thankyou for the advice and kind words everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version