Author Topic: I lost my mum last month  (Read 4437 times)

Offline Sarahp

I lost my mum last month
« on: April 15, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »
Hi I'm Sarah I'm 34 and on the 18th March my mum suddenly passed away aged 67. She was rushed to hospital on the Tuesday as they thought she had a blockage, they operated on the Wednesday, told us the Thursday her abdomen was riddled with cancer, we were there Friday morning when they told her what she had and it was terminal I went back with my sister to see her that evening my sister left the room for a few minutes and my mum passed away. We held her funeral Wednesday. I really don't know how to deal with it, I have bpd too which doesn't help, I feel lost, extremely tired, broken, angry. I'm trying to be strong for my four children but I just want to hide and cry. I don't think I can get through this x
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:08:13 PM by Sarahp »

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: I lost my mum last month
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 05:19:36 PM »
Welcome Sarahp you ve taken the first steps hun and written a message to us it must have been very difficult for you, i certainly dont have any words to make you feel better hun, but i promise you it will get bearable for you. Please keep posting to us im sure it will help, but the main thing now is for you to take care of yourself you will need your health abd strength to get you through these early days xxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 05:45:52 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: its a hard journey, I recommend taking small steps and be gentle with yourself xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline rawareham

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 07:44:55 PM »
Hi

Im so so sorry to read your story and to hear about your mum.

I dont have any answers but I wanted to reach out to you. My dad died on 1st April aged 60, very suddenly and unexpectedly. Im 33 and have 2 children, one of which is only 4 months. Im struggling to cope too, especially with the shock of it all.

Can I ask how old your children are? I wish I could say something to make you feel better but I know the pain you must be feeling and right now there is nothing. I just keep praying that time will make this more bearable but it doesnt feel like it will.

xx

Offline Pauline Mc

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 08:55:00 PM »
Hi Sarah - so sorry to hear about your Mum.  It must be a terrible shock for you to lose her so quickly.  Please keep posting on here as there are so many caring people who have been through similar experiences and will be able to support you.  Sending hugs xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 09:49:53 PM »
Hi Sarah.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I had some words that would ease your pain. My thoughts are with you.

Offline Sarahp

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 10:48:39 PM »
Rawareham they are 15 nearly 16, 12, 5 and 3 x

thanks everyone I just feel lost xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 11:26:18 PM »
Your children will help you through this xx

Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 11:44:45 PM »
Welcome Sarahp.

I'm so sorry for your loss and know to well the terrible pain your in.

Keep on posting you will get so much support here if you do I promise.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 11:06:21 AM »
Hello Sarahp - at the moment nothing can help but my thoughts are with you. One thing I would say is that being at the other end of the generations, i.e. a grandad looking backwards to the younger ones, I know that the last thing a parent wants is that their children and grandchildren suffer. It's inevitable for now I know but the time will come when you can take joy in your happy memories. When you can, talk about your Mum amongst yourselves and you'll be surprised how much she remains a part of the family.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Soleil

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 07:48:11 PM »
Hi Sarah,
 Like the others, I am wishing you comfort at this difficult time. That is an incredible amount of devastating news in such a short time. We can never know why these things happens and life ends so abruptly. Sending good wishes and thoughts  :hug:

Offline Leigh

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 09:49:00 PM »
Hi Sarah
So sorry for your loss. It must've been such a shock, happening so fast. My Mum passed away 17th March. I have a 2 yr old and 9 week old. I know how terrible these early days/weeks are. It does feel like you won't be able to come back from this despair, but we are surprisingly strong and you will pull through my love. These are the darkest days. Let's hang onto the thought that things have to get easier, they couldn't get any harder! Sending big.  :hug:  Hang on in there xx

Offline Joann

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 10:11:14 PM »
Sending you lots of  :hug:
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Cher

• New Members
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 08:50:21 PM »
Hi Sarah, how are you coping? I am so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your mum.  I lost my lovely mum just last week, she was only 64. She had a sore throat and a cough but felt well enough to cook Sunday dinner for the family ! and in the early hours she developed breathing problems so dad took her to A&E. She apparently had Strep A virus which led to fatal pneumonia and they couldnt save her. She died within 12 hours. I am in deep shock and in disbelief. She was the best mum i could ask for, she was my rock. My heart is broken. My 2 children (7 & 10) are devastated. My poor dad has lost his soul mate of 45 years. My poor nana (90) has lost her daughter. I feel like a massive hole has been smashed in our lives, out of the blue.  How do we survive this? I have no words to describe the pain and the panic i feel. I am just numb.